Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tiger Tail split..

Started by Jean L, August 29, 2009, 09:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean L

Hello Everyone,
Looking for anyone who has experience their TigerTail cuc split in two.
I introduced the cuc to the tank on 07 Apr, and has been happy (as far as I can tell) in the tank since day1.
A few days ago, I noticed he/she has been inactive.
Subsequently, while looking at a usual crab hiding spot at the top end in my LR, there I find, much to my surprise, the additional TTail..

Wondering if my 35 gal hex tank can sustain 2 TTails, or if there is any special things to do with this new addition.
Thanks
Jean

Vincenzo.

2 reasons why they split..

1. good living conditions and they are happy
2. poor living conditions and they are not

so its hard to tell.

beertech

I bought 1 tiger tail about 4 yrs ago, and since then they just keep splitting. I usually sell them or trade them for frags. I kept 3 in my 10 gal nano for about 6 months, and they are all still alive in the 135 gal.  They feed on the deitrus in the substrate, so their food supply depends on your fish load and feeding habits.  If they look dark and skinny, or if they constantly come out in the day and climb the bare walls, chances are they aren't happy. They should be plump and usually active at night in the gravel.

caro

I'm curious about this...  could you post a picture?

Jean L

Sure, I can try.. the one on the bottom is visible, the other at the top his tucked in quite nicely..
I shall post as soon as i can get 2 good pics.
J

Jean L

Hello again,
Pic 854 is the original animal ..(I presume)..
Pic 855 is the off spring, just peeking out between 2 pieces of LR.

[attachment deleted by admin]