Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Anemone feeding?

Started by SOOstrong, September 06, 2009, 04:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOOstrong

I recently got one from someone selling rocks and was just wondering of how and how much to feed it. its about the size of a penny, i accidently touched it and no poision so im assumming its not poisionous. I have feed it like a tiny tiny piece of shrimp but not too sure of how much and how often. Also I have cheap lights but the person that gave it to me told me that it doesnt need strong lights to survive.

Vincenzo.

2 times a week is good, 3 is spoiling it. raw uncooked anything is good. and the light varies asked a few people i had a rbta under 36watts. but i bumped it up to 50watts and i noticed a big diff already.

ray

Are you sure this is not aiptasia?Rarely see anemones that size.

Ray

Tyler.L

could also be majano anemone which is a pest that can spread like wild fire and looks very similar to a bta but stays very small

yellowtang

It could be a flower Anemone,which do not get much bigger than
a fist size.......it that case a very small piece of shrimp should suffice.....
once aa week if you want!!!
a quick question....what color and type (shape) of specimen is it?
cheers
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

SOOstrong

Here are some pictures i took of it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vincenzo.

its hard to tell, but looks like mojano

Funkmotor

I've got Majano's in my tank and they don't look like that...with the pink/orange foot.  And it's definitely not an aiptasia, so don't worry about that.

Keep feeding it and see if it grows...there's really very little risk involved.  If it starts to split into many little ones, then you might have a pest anemone...but it is possible to have one this small so don't go killing it.

It looks the perfect size to eat single mysis shrimp.

Just my 2 cents.

SOOstrong

if you guys look in the back left side of the tank there is this little organism that came with my sand i think. its very small. it doesnt look like it moves but it moves to different spots of the tank each time i check it. do you guys happen to know what it is??

are mysis shrimp expensive?
im just feeding it regular shrimp from the market..

Vincenzo.

uncooked shrimp from the market is cheap.