Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

big al's in pointe claire (montreal)

Started by madzooom, March 08, 2004, 08:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madzooom

:cry:  please i need help to get the right directions to go and see the store in montreal (pointe claire)

DARKPHREAK

I just went there this weekend and I have to say its doesnt compare at all the the one on Innes Rd. Take Blvd Des Sources on the 40, go north, its in the same complex as Rob Macintosh near the service road.

madzooom

DARKPHREAK

Nope not better at all. They have half the fish at Big A's has on Innes. Unless youre going to Montreal anyways I wouldnt waste the time to see that shop.

artw

we went there once.. it's not bad they just opened up a few months ago so maybe they haven't completely stocked up yet.
there is another fish store in Montreal, in Lasalle. it is the french version of Super Pet. I forget the exact name. it's across the street from a Macdonalds near the canal.

dpatte

ambushman2j

The store is called Nature and there's about 5-7 of them throughout Montreal

vpilieci

I don't know about the rest of you... but I went to the Big Als on Innes yesterday and all of the fish looked undernurished... all of their stomachs were concave. Just something to watch out for....

VP

Shannon

I noticed that too. The past few weeks their cichlid tanks had  a lot of sick looking fish.  I'm sure at least 7 tanks. What causes their stomach to look concave? Is it really a lack of food or is it something else some kind of sickness??

artw

Lack of food or lack of eating food usually is the start/cause of diseases... always feed your fish once a day...  only leave them if you absolutely have to

now it's quite possible that Jody just got a new shipment in...  it's also possible that Jody has got himself a girlfriend and isnt paying as much attention to work as she should!!! Someone go there and give him an earful ok :D

Marc

Fish are typically starved for a number of days before being shipped.  This leads to less waste material in the bags and so the water in the bags stays cleaner.

Of course I don't know if this is the case with the fish you saw or not.

ambushman2j

I wasn't overly impressed either..the salousi looked nice, and the big fish are always nice..but I didn't find anything small which peaked my interest..and some dude almost dropped a bunch of water on me :p