Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS has done it again!! xxxx L. AU in Ottawa

Started by charlie, September 17, 2009, 02:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoxyDog

Thanks everyone for coming out, too bad you didn't dress up.   :P   

I don't really like discus much, and only have a reef tank, but I enjoyed xxxx's presentation anyway.  :)

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

smalltownfan

I was looking forward to this meeting since Charlie announced who the speaker was, but......the project I'm involved with became a total clusterf**k  and the crap hit the fan (Citizen story re: OC Transpo today) so I ended up staying at work until after 21:00.
I got the go ahead from the boss to change the 90G into a higher temp tank.... "Discus" ...damn I missed a meeting that would have really helped :(
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

mseguin

Indeed, a very passionate speaker looking to share his knowledge and experience, made for a great talk, too bad we had to limit his time or we would have been there till midnight. Thanks to Errol for his work in getting Mr Au here.

sas

I was definitely going as of Sunday morning, but then had a difficult decision
to make, OVAS meeting or spend time with our new granddaughter.
Sounds like the presentation was awesome.

fischkopp

It was great to spend the evening with xxxx! I learned a lot learn from his extensive experience of our hobby. Big thanks to Charlie for flying him in!

Check out our gallery for pictures of the meeting.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Just passing along xxxx`s personal message in a e- mail i received today, quote from the  e-mail
QuoteJust a note to thank you for the invitation to speak at the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society.  I had a wonderful visit and was very impressed with the enthusiam of your membership
Regards

washefuzzy

Quote from: charlie on October 28, 2009, 12:15:54 PM
Just passing along xxxx`s personal message in a e- mail i received today, quote from the  e-mailRegards

Yahoo!! Again thanks for the great Photos!

Chinaman

Charlie and the OVAS Exec.:

Thanks for scheduling this specialized talk.  I truly enjoyed the evening
function.

Cheers,

Sam