Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lights out

Started by Maxthecat, November 02, 2009, 03:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxthecat

Hey, so i skipped class today to go home early and work on some stuff. When my tank turned on at its usual time, being next to it, i heard a sound coming from it, i went to chek and smoke was comming out of my light... bad, very bad. I took it out and noticed that water got splashed up onto (i will not be going topless anymore). I cleaned it but half of the 4 bulbs wont turn on and of the 2 that does, one smokes... again, bad. Ill try to get it fixe asap and i have a couple of light that ill jack ont there, but worst case senario, how long can i be in the dark before stuff starts to die? i have an anemone and a pipe organ that require more light than the rest, i guess they will be the first to go... :'(

criswallace

no you should be fine for a few days at least ...put some sort of light over it there are dark days in nature too:)

RoxyDog

You're good for *at least* 3 days.
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Maxthecat

Arrrrrrgg.... just my luck... Ijacked up my old 130wt and an other 65 on the tank to try to light it upas much as possible... and half of my 130 blew out !! now i have to fix that light too!! there is a god.. and he hates me..