Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lighting questions

Started by mkowals2, February 17, 2010, 02:19:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkowals2

I'm not sure if this belongs more in the Plant section of the forum, but here it goes anyways. I have had a 33g planted tank set up for about 2 and a half months now and I am starting to notice that the plants are becoming fuzzy and starting to rot. I have a small CO2 system going (just diffusing through one of those ladders you can buy) and I the only thing I add in the way of nutrients is Flourish a couple times a week. I think the main problem is my lighting. I only have one 20W Life-Glo right now, but I would really like to switch to a glass canopy and a new ballast that would give me the option of boosting the lighting. I am basically looking for opinions on what type of setup I should get, what kinds of bulbs and wattage I should be using for my plants (some swords, l. aromatica, and cardinal plants), and what the best route would be to take if I'm not looking to shatter my already fragile wallet.

Sorry this is a lot of plant stuff in the Equipment section but I mostly need advice on how to go about upgrading the lighting, so I thought I'd post here.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks very much,

-Mike