New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

[WIP] 1350 Gallon - Coral Tank ( MUST SEE !!! )

Started by pminister, March 24, 2010, 02:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pminister

This is jaw dropping peice of work, a must see setup for sure. Side not it is a work in progress. But none the less it looks amazing so far.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1811725

mikerobart

Wowwwwww this thing is going to rival Chingchais when it is done... if he can pull it off! With some of the questions in the thread almost seems like this guy is in over his head !

Brent Shaver

Thanks for the post, I showed the wife the pic of the crane bringing in the tank and told her now I dont want to ever hear my tank(s) are too big again.....LOL

Not that it will help me plead my case to get yet another one...grins.

And agree'd seems a bit over his head but truth be known money doesnt seem to be an object and there is always a way around the learning curve if you can hire someone to help through the bumps.

Thanks again
Brent

salvini55

This build looks very promissing! Ive been watching it for awile now

mchotdog

think i saw a bentley in that man's garage...

FocusFin

Quote from: mchotdog on March 24, 2010, 05:31:58 PM
think i saw a bentley in that man's garage...

Psshaw... that's a 2005 Chrysler 300 ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

FocusFin

/\

I wonder who Chrysler was trying to copy ;)

Classic:

I have a strategy to deal with my wife which involves reusing the same large colourful box which will become known as my fish maintenance box. It was a terrific strategy for my home theatre as it allowed me to upgrade several generations all on the basis of 'mandatory' annual maintenance at no apparent cost!!!! Same box in and out every time.

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Tyler.L

nope thats a bentley

continental gt to be specific

salvini55

+1 bentley, im trying to convince him to take me for a spin  ;)

Tyler.L

i had one but got rid of it just because lol and bought a 89 civic alot more "classier". Pat of course im sure will chime in at some point and say to get rx-7 twin turbo.

I showed my girlfriend the tank and her mouth dropped...seeing that thread makes me hate my life even more....so thanks for posting it, hope you're happy lol

sniggir

I say get a toyota suprs twin turbo.... now there is a classic  ;D
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

ordi260

[li]
33 gallons - FW Community tank [/li]
[li]20 gallons - Nano Reef tank (Two Onyx Clowns, 1 peacock flasher wrasse, 1 pearly jawfish, 1 black sailfin blenny, many LPS and few SPS[/li][/list]
    [li]
30 gallons terrarium - Crested gecko[/li]
[/list]

pminister

Quote from: Tyler.L on March 24, 2010, 07:45:43 PM
so thanks for posting it, hope you're happy lol
That just made me laugh !

The whole setup is a lil overboard, but dang it is impressive as ever. I would pay to go for a tour at this place.

HOB

Quote from: salvini55 on March 24, 2010, 05:13:15 PM
This build looks very promissing! Ive been watching it for awhile now

Been following this one since the beginning too.
The guy dedicates alot of his time answering each person's questions.
I sent him a few questions through PM (that I thought didn't belong on the forum) and he got back to me within a few hours.
One to watch here in Canada for sure.....

beertech

mikerobart

Maybe the continental gtr is most popular in black or he's here on business a lot I swear I've seen the same car in Ottawa a few times and not one you see a lot of  :o. Want!

FocusFin

Quote from: Tyler.L on March 24, 2010, 07:04:09 PM
nope thats a bentley continental gt to be specific

Quote from: salvini55 on March 24, 2010, 07:12:01 PM
+1 bentley, im trying to convince him to take me for a spin  ;)

Quote from: beertech on March 25, 2010, 08:02:55 AM
He confirms it's a Bently in post #54.

Not to be overly sensitive but my point was that the Chrysler is an attempted (badly) ripoff of the Bentley right down to the emblem on the trunk. Hence the smiley face and the comment "I wonder who Chrysler was trying to copy".

I would never want to be thought of as someone who didn't know his exotic vehicles :)
110g saltwater/reef

salvini55

Quote from: FocusFin on March 25, 2010, 01:03:11 PM
Not to be overly sensitive but my point was that the Chrysler is an attempted (badly) ripoff of the Bentley right down to the emblem on the trunk. Hence the smiley face and the comment "I wonder who Chrysler was trying to copy".

I would never want to be thought of as someone who didn't know his exotic vehicles :)

I figured thats what you were getting at  ;) But I just wanted to be a smug know it all  ::) lol

Tyler.L

pminister

id prefer the bentley coupe. instead. as my summer ride  :D