New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

spa flex pvc

Started by Poonaka, March 12, 2010, 09:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poonaka

Anyone know where I can purchase 1", 1.5" and 2" spa flex pvc pipe in Ottawa?

HomerJ

You read my mind, I was about to post the SAME question!

Poonaka

Quote from: HomerJ on March 12, 2010, 09:58:58 AM
You read my mind, I was about to post the SAME question!

Hopefully someone can help us out. :)

JetJumper

When I worked at the Pond clinic, they had flex PVC there.  I don't know if they sell it by the foot or the roll however.  Their prices were not always the cheapest however.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

mikerobart

PVC Industrial Products on Collonade (I think?) had it but I think only by huge rolls. They were great for other fittings though. I ended up going with clear braided vinyl flex hose type stuff from home depot seemed to glue to pvc fittings great and has been working a long time now.

NjOyRiD

I did my 320g system with spaflex.

i bought everything at pvp plus in ottawa

bring cash...easy to deal with cash, (they are pretty flexibale)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Poonaka

Thanks for the replies!

Quote from: NjOyRiD on March 12, 2010, 11:56:01 AM
I did my 320g system with spaflex.

i bought everything at pvp plus in ottawa

bring cash...easy to deal with cash, (they are pretty flexibale)

Can you give me a rough idea on how much they charged?

NjOyRiD

i think i paid 1$/foot but i paid cash

dont forget to buy the PRIMER before putitng the glue...
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Poonaka

Quote from: NjOyRiD on March 12, 2010, 12:03:20 PM
i think i paid 1$/foot but i paid cash

dont forget to buy the PRIMER before putitng the glue...

is it the same purple primer for regular pvc?

NjOyRiD

370g System

salvini55

mermaid pool also has flex pvc

Poonaka

Semi off topic but does flex pvc fit into a female pvc fitting?  Or do I have to use a male fitting?

new2salt

Quote from: Poonaka on March 12, 2010, 12:15:45 PM
Semi off topic but does flex pvc fit into a female pvc fitting?  Or do I have to use a male fitting?
Easiest thing is to take a couple of fittings with you, when going to look for the flex pipe.

groupie02

Marinescape usually has a couple of sizes of Spa-Flex.

JetJumper

Quote from: Poonaka on March 12, 2010, 12:15:45 PM

typically the Flex is "male" and would fit into a Slip fitting.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

salvini55

Quote from: JetJumper on March 16, 2010, 01:40:51 AM
typically the Flex is "male" and would fit into a Slip fitting.

I agree, it depends on the type of flex PVC. For instance "spa flex" or "Tiger Flex" is great for female conections because the stuctural "filling" is a coil or rings. This keeps the pipe from being flattened where as the clear suff you get from HD is braided which doesnt give the pipe enough lateral support. The braided stuff is great with male connections.