Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Buchanan Lighting: 129 Loretta Ave N Ottawa

Started by mesner, April 29, 2010, 01:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesner

So I had problems with my canopy lighting for about a month now

I have a 90 gallon tank with a 48" canopy lighting setup.. and I don't have a car so getting to big al's out in the west end is obviously going to be difficult.
I was finally able to rent a car last weekend and got to big als and was told that any 48" light would work
great.. so i pick out two that look decent, get them home.. and only one light is working.

Thinking worst case scenario - its the ballast in the canopy, i call big al's to see how much a new one would cost - was quoted way beyond my price range
so i look on this site and find Buchanan lighting on loretta street (4 blocks from my house)

I just wanted to rave on how good their service is there and how much these guys really know about lighting. 
we determined the lights i had purchased were too powerful for my ballast, and hooked me up proper.

So - seriously check these guys out, they might save you a few bucks!

johnrt

I have found them a pleasure to deal with as well.

Stussi613

I worked there many years ago and still keep in contact with them.  If you want to know anything about lighting for aquariums (or birds, or orchids...) go in and talk to Sandy.  He'll tell you how to overdrive your T5 HO's, how to build a reflector...anything.  Seriously, the guy knows more about light bulbs than anyone in Canada.
I haz reef tanks.