Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

ottawa aquatics

Started by NjOyRiD, August 23, 2005, 10:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

i guess he's back, I just got an emai lfrom him:

DEAR FELLOW AQUARIST:

Thank you very much for your recent inquiry  -it is most appreciated.

OTTAWA AQUATICS strives to bring to you the highest quality aquatic plants
as well as the newest and most innovative plant related and general
aquarium products on the market.

As a review of our web site will indicate we have a significant variety of
items to offer to you.  The OTTAWA  AQUATICS page may be found at:

www.ottawaaquatics.com

Please view it at your leisure and if you have any questions  let us know.

We are taking this opportunity to attach our current SPECIALS/NEW ADDITIONS
list for you review.

We thank you again for you inquiry and look forward to hearing from you in
the near future.

Sincerely

Robert Morrison
OTTAWA AQUATICS
www.ottawaaquatics.com
1-613-226-7518
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

BigDaddy

I have had at least two people directly report to me that they have yet to receive paid orders they placed with this individual many months ago.

Buyer beware...

NjOyRiD

oh really..

hey big daddy, would you know a palce similar as his that i can get plants? thanx
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

yellowtang

I requested some information on some plants I wanted to purhase from him.....but never got back to me.......even after numerous request also left about 4 messages on his machine
in 1 week spand to No avail........
So, just wondering how interested in doing business he is with some of us.
P.s What kind of plants are you looking for Njoyride?
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

Sue

Seconding Big daddy's warning. I'd highly recommend cash on delivery purchases only.

luvfishies

That looks suspiciously like a form letter. There's nothing personal about it at all, and it doesn't address ANYthing.

NjOyRiD

heres another one:

Thank you very much for your vote of support.  You may place an order any
time.   If you live in Ottawa hopefully you can come visit.  The problem is
that I have a strange work schedule and I end up doing contracts when most
people have their free time.

I am a bit confused however (I must admit) in that I did not know I had
gone anywhere.  I have been at the same address and phone number for about
the last five years.  Perhaps I should do more to promote myself locally.
I do admit t hat I loose track of things from time to time  -I think it
comes with age.

At any rate thank you for getting back to me and hopefully we can meet in
person.
370g System

TBarb

He doensn't sound like a serious aquarist or business person to me.

Poustic

I went to his place once, about 2 years ago.  It's a basement-type business... and from what I understand, his main line of business is supplying imported plants for a few Canadian stores.  He's a very nice, polite guy, but did seem rather disorganized at the time.  Oh, and his dog peed on my gf's foot.   :roll:

Iceman

I got an email as well. It was the same generic one as NjOyRiD got.

Nelson

....and I just got one.  He must be buying email lists as I've never bought anything from him.

NjOyRiD

370g System

TR

Thanks for the feedback (heads up) folks! regarding the Ottawa Aquatics place.  I heard about it and was going to look into going there to see what it's all about.  Definately buyer beware from the sounds of it!

The last e-mail I recieved from them was a photo, with a list of plants from another companies product list???

Appreciate the tip everyone! :)

TR