New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What is your all-time favorite or 'dream' fish?

Started by freshfishies, July 05, 2010, 07:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseguin

cdylnicki

Here is a picture of a wild mudskipper I found on Magnetic Island in Australia.

I was so excited to find it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rob Labonte

I would love to own some stone fish, only because they are the most venomous fish in the world.

Brent Shaver

No arguement there Rob, something about dangerous that sparks something deep inside.

Although I am not so sure I would like to be the guinea pig with the first one poisoned  :)

cichlidicted

i've always had FW ...
but i'd love to have a SW someday to keep Emperor Angelfish...  or a squid.  :D

dan2x38

Quote from: Brent Shaver on July 17, 2010, 09:35:36 PM
No arguement there Rob, something about dangerous that sparks something deep inside.

I also like the Rabbitfish they are venomous and much pretty than a Stonefish. LOL
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Nyx

Quote from: dan2x38 on July 17, 2010, 09:47:32 PM
I also like the Rabbitfish they are venomous and much pretty than a Stonefish. LOL

We just bought a beautiful Gold Spotted Rabbitfish the other day. The bugger never stops eating. :)

My favorite freshwater fish are my Endler's Livebearers. Don't know what it is about them but I love them. As for saltwater, hmmm, that's a tough one because there are so many cool fish but I guess it would be either really good quality Snowflake or Picasso clowns. Some day.
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

mseguin

We had en employee at BA a while back who ordered some stonefish, I got to be the lucky guy who took them out of the bag when they arrived, you could say I was very very careful!

dan2x38

Quote from: mseguin on July 18, 2010, 08:20:53 AM
We had en employee at BA a while back who ordered some stonefish, I got to be the lucky guy who took them out of the bag when they arrived, you could say I was very very careful!

While the crocodile hunter was still alive he did a piece on saltwater poinous species including the rockfish. He said taking them from the bottom you are totally safe. But how the heck do you get them from the bottom safely?  ::)

I also like the Blue Regal Tang very much.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."