Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Looking For Advice

Started by psychwolf, August 15, 2010, 08:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychwolf

Been in the forum here for awhile now, and have been a paying member in the past. Moved into a new house a few months ago and have found that with the location of my 2 tanks and the amount of work being done in the house, the fish are becoming more of a chore and less enjoyable. In my old place they were on the main floor and I could enjoy them everyday. Now they are in the finished basement where the home theatre is. The only time I go down there is to watch a movie, and I've got to figure that the volume of the system has to in some way affect them. So I think it is time for me to get out and let someone else get a deal on my equipment and enjoyment from my fish. My need for advice is that I would prefer to see it go to one of the OVAS folks rather than just anyone on usedottawa or kijiji, but don't really want to become a member again just to post my stuff one time.

garnpet

I think your answer is in something that you said... 

Quote from: psychwolf on August 15, 2010, 08:33:07 AM
In my old place they were on the main floor and I could enjoy them everyday.

Why not shut down one tank and move the other one upstairs where you can enjoy it again?  Perhaps you would change your mind if you could actually enjoy looking at the tanks on a regular basis.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

FocusFin

I was going to suggest this. If you put the tank in a high traffic area you'll be amazed at how much interest is generated by visitors, family etc..

I've always kept my tank in the living room so that I can pass by it many times during the day.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

psychwolf

Space and layout do not allow for a main floor tank. Tries to work it out before moving in but just couldn't.

Zigot

That's too bad.

Like others suggested, downsizing to a 20G and move it up to the main floor...