Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Online plant order websites?

Started by Marx, September 13, 2005, 10:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marx

Anyone have any websites were i can see and order live plants?

hopefully Canadian sites.

Thanks!

jgolden

I'm interested as well. Been looking and haven't found any, other than that one a couple posts back (early Aug?) that everyone says they've had problems with...

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

pegasus

Someone on this forum asked me before if I could stop to a certain store in Montreal, near Tim's place, to his exotic aquatic plants import store..... Now if he could reply and tell us more about this place, maybe we could make the trip and hit both stores. :)

BigDaddy

Quote from: "NjOyRiD"http://www.aquatropique.com/osCommerce_catalog/ in french...

http://www.ottawaaquatics.com/catalog.htm

Ottawa Aquatics is a store I would be very careful dealing with.

COD purchases recommended.

Raven

I ORDER SOME PLANTS FROM AQUABID AND HAVE HAD SUCCES SO FAR. MY NEXT ORDER IS 4 DWARF ANUBIAS,I COFEEFOLIA ANUBIAS AND LOTS OF JAVA MOSS. THE COST IS 26$ INCLUDING SHIPPING. THIS ISNT EXPENSIVE CONSIDERING THE PLANTS COME FROM MALAYSIA. I WAS WORRIED A BIT BUT THE GUY HAS GREAT FEEDBACK. ILL KEEP YOU POSTED IF IT WORKS.

redbelly

big daddy, cant you just go pick things up from ottawa aquarics?? whats the concern??

let me know if you are going to get something though marx as i would be interested too.

jgolden

Hi redbelly. See the link for a previous discussion about them a couple weeks ago (Gee, I hope I posted the link right!)

http://ovas.ca/bridge/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4465&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=ottawaaquatics

That being said, I'm testing the waters there, by placing a COD order this afternoon. I'll keep all interested what the experience is like.

J

Raven

geez. cancel my post about aquabid. i ordered the plants but later informed myself to the import agencies and fouund out i would need 200$ worrth of papers to get the plants into quebec . luckily the guy canceled my order and didnt freak out.beware of hidden cost when buying from other countries. so far the only plants i got from aquabid were from canada so i didnt know about these papers.

nickie

Whats wrong with Big Als in Ottawa ?.... Last year in Montreal Big Als,.. I bought some really nice plants , I found reasonable... and there was a good assortment .........John

jgolden

Nothing wrong with BA Innes. In fact, I found some Echornia Azurea there yesterday. It's just that there might be a species of plant you're looking for that are not (currently) carried by BA, SP, PS, etc. They may get them in, or you might be able to order them.

For me, looking for a mail order site is more in trying to find larger varieties / more exotic varieties to try. :wink:

J

PaleoFishGirl

BA Innes doesn't ever seem to have much plant stock.  Maybe you have to get there on the day the shipments come in.  Alternatively, the PS just up the road has a surprising selection of aquatic plants for very reasonable prices.  Some of the girls in the fish dept. are not very knowledgeable and seem apathetic about their work, which sometimes results in discounts (I paid for only 5 of the 8 plants I bought last time).

mseguin

BA Innes gets a lot of plants at a time, they just tend to sell pretty quickly.

pegasus

Felicitation, Patrik, c'est un tres beau site!
Will they also sell plants?

zapisto

yes they sell plant and fish (wild and 100% breed in quebec, no singapour or any other)

and of course all kind of food

and lot more :)

Raven

nice site. they have altums for 25$. plants are reasonbly priced. but i cnt find shipping

zapisto

hi,

for the shiping you have multiple choice.
- post canada (plant, culture and dry good are ok)
 for fish next day is require
- expedipus , by bus
 you have to get your order at the terminus of the bus , fast , no expansive but you need to go to the terminus at Ottawa or any terminus close to you

and the altums are the true from orinoco, they are eating anything, and free of parasites.