New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What do you miss the most about summer....

Started by Brent Shaver, October 11, 2010, 01:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Shaver

I miss knowing that Friday afternoon means a trip to the trailer and a couple days out on the boat fishing...

cdylnicki

The warm nights where I could go walking for hours.

Saltcreep

Brine

Summer isn't over yet.....Summer isn't over yet.....Summer isn't over yet.....Summer isn't over yet.....if I say it enough times it's true, right?...Summer isn't over yet.....Summer isn't over yet.....Summer isn't over yet.....

Hookup

ajm1961

There's nothing like sitting on the dock at the cottage, quaffing a cold one on a warm summer day, looking at the waves coming into the bay, a little Bob Marley in the background... ahhhh!
I'll take +30 over -30 anytime - no complaints!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

garnpet

Another vote for the cottage - sitting on the deck reading a book and watching the kids play in the lake.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Fishnut

The fact that it doesn't get dark so early.

robt18

No classes in the summer :(

I'll add my friend's cottage when half of the big als staff went up :P

sas

Quote from: garnpet on October 11, 2010, 09:55:35 PM
Another vote for the cottage - sitting on the deck reading a book and watching the kids play in the lake.

I second this but now it's watching the grandchildren playing 8).

FishPassion

I am sooooooooooo looking forward to the howling -40 winds, the snow drifts that reappear hours after cleaning them away, oh did I mention my favourite the freezing rain and power outages. One winter a few years back I remember standing on the driveway on glare ice my legs slowly splitting wider apart my cane sliding further ahead inches at a time and all I could think of man this is gonna hurt!!!   

SO bring back summer anytime soon, sitting on the trailer deck early mornings sipping coffee watching the world wake up total silence around you except for a few birds or a chipmunk coming over to visit.
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

Nerine

Running around in sandals! (oh wait, I do that all year round :D )

I miss the pool!!! We didn't get a ton of pool time in this year due to renos and work :( so next year, every day, I'm in the pool during the season!! rain or shine.

I miss camping!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

holachicka

Walks and bike rides with my girls - Dairy Queen with friends - Sunny warm Salty Sundays on the deck with Redbelly's sometimes too strong coffee ;) - watching and hearing the girls have a blast while swimming - wearing one of my 25 $1 Old Navy flip flops :D awww, I miss summer!