New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Stolen

Started by vic622, March 07, 2011, 12:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vic622

So while I was bedridden with the flu this weekend, missing the Auction yesterday, someone stole my car from the parking lot at my building!

If you happen to see a Burgundy Subaru Outback (1998) with BC plates anywhere in town please phone the police & let them know that you've seen my car ...
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Congo Tetra, Pearl Gourami, Honey Gourami
Serpae Tetra
Bronze & Pepper Corydoras, BN Plecos, Yoyo Loaches

laffy

vic622

Quote from: laffy on March 07, 2011, 12:10:11 PM
sorry to hear!
Thanks.
I guess until I get it back or replaced, Road-trips are out of the question ... Grumble, Grumble
One good bit of news - I thought my Passport was in the car from the last trip south - fortunately its safe in my apartment. Pheewwww.
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra

Nerine

Sorry to hear that Vic!!! That is horrible :( Which end of town was it taken from? Hopefully it was a couple of weirdos just going for a joyride and they dumped it somewhere when it ran out of gas??
Glad your passport was safe!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

vic622

Quote from: Nerine on March 07, 2011, 03:08:05 PM
Sorry to hear that Vic!!! That is horrible :( Which end of town was it taken from? Hopefully it was a couple of weirdos just going for a joyride and they dumped it somewhere when it ran out of gas??
Glad your passport was safe!
Vanier Parkway & Beechwood Area - And it had a full tank of gas, so hopefully they didn't decide to do a trip to Toronto  :o

I was on the phone with the Police when I thought about the passport, I was glad to see it was in its proper place!
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra

bongo

1998 subaru outback... joyride or needed a car to do a "job"

don't think they stole it for the parts... so you will get it back

hope it's in good shape

when will people learn not to mess with a man's ride

vic622

Quote from: Bongo on March 07, 2011, 04:22:36 PM
1998 subaru outback... joyride or needed a car to do a "job"

don't think they stole it for the parts... so you will get it back

hope it's in good shape

when will people learn not to mess with a man's ride
I'm hoping it's something along those lines & Ottawa's (or Gatineau's) Finest will find it in decent condition in the near future.
And yeah, I can't see a 13 yr old Subaru having a high resale or parts value - Maybe if the badge had a Prancing Horse, a Cat or a 3-Point Star ?!?
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra

JD

Quote from: vic622 on March 07, 2011, 05:16:34 PM
Maybe if the badge had a Prancing Horse, a Cat or a 3-Point Star ?!?

Losing your car sucks. Been there done that.
Given the choice of a rrari, jag or merc..I think the merc would win for all round.
The rrari belongs on a track while the jag has never impressed me. Guess I'm stuck in the older days of wiring problems.

vic622

Quote from: JD on March 07, 2011, 08:54:22 PM
Losing your car sucks. Been there done that.
Given the choice of a rrari, jag or merc..I think the merc would win for all round.
The rrari belongs on a track while the jag has never impressed me. Guess I'm stuck in the older days of wiring problems.
Friend of mine had a racing e-type. Really pretty to look at, from the outside.
Wiring = Lucas, the Prince of Darkness!
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra

Fishnut

Huh...of all the cars to steal, I wonder why they chose that one?  That really sucks.  Any news?

Saltcreep

Quote from: Fishnut on March 10, 2011, 01:03:06 AM
Huh...of all the cars to steal, I wonder why they chose that one?  That really sucks.  Any news?

Sometimes it's just a case of wrong place - wrong time. If it was stolen to be 'used' for something, they likely wouldn't care what it was.

vic622

Quote from: Saltcreep on March 10, 2011, 01:14:08 AM
Sometimes it's just a case of wrong place - wrong time. If it was stolen to be 'used' for something, they likely wouldn't care what it was.
Probably looks normal or not too obvious, plus its in good shape.
I haven't heard any news, so far :(
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Serpae Tetra