Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Petceter opening

Started by discusFans, September 30, 2005, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discusFans

how can they do that to me :< ......... oh btw mseguin, have you take a look at those plants? do you think some plants there can be grown submerged? such as one like a stem plant, with light green color and white edge on the leave ... and there are some plants they look like just being cut off from somewhere because there is no root ... anyhow...

mseguin

There were definitely some plants that looked to me like they were grown emersed. Also, there were some plants like Aluminum (the one with white patterning inside the leaf) and banana plant that arent true aquatic plants.
Some of the stem plants dont have roots.

manytanks

We headed out to this new store because my wife wanted to take advantage of the specials on dog-related items. A cross-town-plus hike from the far west end for us, but got there just as it opened. Some experienced staff obviously borrowed or transferred in from another store for the day, but a lot of absolute newies too, including some of the managers. Yeesh. And yes, the live plants right by the door on the left-hand side were for sale (buy 1 get 2 more free) and I had a chuckle coaching some first-timers getting wet trying to snag & bag the ones I wanted. I can only imagine how these first-timers approached netting live fish for customers.

DiscusFans and Matt are right about some of these plants being rootless, but the others were fine and at 3 for 1 we weren't complaining. Never even thought to look at the fish, though; assumed this new store would be pretty much like the one in Orleans...and therefore only one step above Wal-Mart.

Julie

We went to the grand opening.  My children got a real hoot out of the clown making fancy balloons;  our dog food was in stock at a reasonable price.
The fish were very crowded in the small tanks and it was busy; a poor beta got dropped by a customer and splashed into my ankle.  
The fish seemed to be in relatively good shape at that moment.  Three for the price of one; with a 15 day warranty.  I was quite impressed with the cichlids except the oscars who were already in distress.

Julie

RoxyDog

me and my low light plants...those of you who went, did you see anything like a crypt or anubias?  :)  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

louie

It`s buy 1 fish and get 1 free not 2 free like discusman stated earlier.

mseguin

No for the first two days its buy one fish get 2 free. The buy one get one free is the usual policy. I saw a sticker for crypts but none in the tank, possibly sold out? No sign of anubias.

redbelly

it is buy 1 get 2 free. even on the salt water fish. you pay for the most expensive fish, then the cheaper ones are free. assuming of course that you buy different fish.

louie

I have the flyer in front of me and it says buy 1 get 1 free

Shouganai

The store always has buy 1 get 1 free, but the buy 1 get 2 free was a deal for the grand opening.

At the grand opening, they had the chain-wide flyer, and there were very limited copies of a flyer for just the grand opening, with much cheaper prices and different deals. This included the 3 for 1 fish deal, or whatever. I got to the store by 11 on Saturday, and the grand opening flyers were already gone.

Sailfin

Quote from: "darkdep"Buy one arowana, get 2 free!

I almost pee'd in my pants when I seen this!     :lol:     The tanks there would never fit an arowana.

The regular prices for plants at Petcetera were outrageous!    :lol:   It almost the same high price as Big Als with their terrible looking plants.    I went to SP over the weekend and picked up some beautiful plants for $3.44 each....quite the selection also.