Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

J&L Aquatics ?

Started by garnpet, October 09, 2005, 09:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

Has anyone ordered from J&L Aquatics?  I am looking to buy some lighting and they are priced way lower than Big Al's.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

garnpet

I noticed that Big Al's Online will match prices.  Does that apply to their stores here in Ottawa as well?

Julie

As far as I know they will online.
Try a search on J&L on OVAS

Julie

charlie

Big Als on line will, the stores will not in general , but i`ve had a few small items matched @ one store. I`m in the process of ordering a coralife 36 inch from J&L but i might be able to get a price match localy & will let you know.
Regards

garnpet

Thanks, I'm looking to get a 48 inch Coralife.  Big Al's - 220$ / J&L $142.  Big difference!

AdamR

For price matching I usually play dumb.  
I ask what there policy is, if it is just to match I say "just match?", when they say yes I thank them and say I will go to the first place as they originally had the low price.  You would be amazed at the number of extras I have been offered, they usually check with their manager.

A couple of weeks ago I got The Brick to honour a Futureshop coupon.   :D

One time I was shoping for a video camera for my father-in-law, I tried the above technique and got a tripod, travel bag and I think a warranty and/or some tapes.

yellowtang

I have ordered from them before......company out of Vancuver.....
they're  okay....as long as you order over $200 shipping is free.
I now shop at this company.....out of miami florida..even with
shipping charges and taxes I still save over 40%
they have sales at the moment I'll be buying replacement
VHO Lights from them soon.
their web site is, www.webaquatics.com
you might want to check them out.
just my two cents.
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

PowderBlueTang

I ordered lots from J&L top notch, they are cheap and the goods arrive in a week. This month they have a special any dry goods over $100 free delivery. Give  them a try you will be please how cheap prices are and they are and good customer service.

charlie

garnpet

I ended up ordering the lights through Big Al's, with the price match and 5% less it worked out to a good deal.

Aiglos

you ordered the lights from bigals online ? how did you get them to honor the discount ?

Marx

and does the shipping add to more then J&L price?

garnpet

The J&L price was going to include 7%GST + around $13 in shipping (it was only 50% off shipping on lighting orders over $100, not free shipping). The 5% discount at Big Al's plus 15% tax was less than the J&L price.

Big Al's came out to be $156 / J&L would have been $166 (all figures rounded!)