Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Re-decorated tank

Started by squeeker, October 11, 2005, 10:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeeker

Last week I went to do a gravel cleaning and water change... and ended up ripping everything out of the tank and re-arranging it!  I LOVE how it looks now!  Below are before and after shots.  Unfortunately, Mrs. Chubby isn't in the After pic.  She's currently in my ICU for a bad case of dropsy.  

Also, I picked up a new fish on my way through Toronto last night from Andrew of Fish Sempai //www.fishsempai.com.  He has GORGEOUS fish and a very interesting setup!  And, he's a really nice guy!  I was there for over an hour just oohing and aahing at his fish.  The last 2 pics are of my new arrival, who is currently unnamed.

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

squeeker

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Jason

135g - Malawi Cichlid Tank
120g - Soon to be planted community tank
108g - Planted tropical tank

kennyman

the change gives it a much neater feeling and thats less air aswell right? I like the new look :)

Mettle

Very nice! Aquascaping is definitely a talent, as I've learned.

Is that tank really a 77 gallon (as per the name of one of the pics)? Those goldfish make it look like a 20 or 30! Haha.

squeeker

Thanks everyone!

Kennyman, the background is still a wall of bubbles, but the wands need scrubbing!  Also, the "before" picture was taken when I was treating for flukes with Prazi, which changes the density of the water and makes the bubbles look fizzy.  That's the main difference there.

Mettle,  the tank is really a 77.  I wish it were double that.

luvfishies

Very very nice.

Your new ryukin is lovely, as well! Congrats!

PaleoFishGirl

Your new guy looks like he has a bit of 'tude, especially in that first pic! Gorgeous setup!