Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Betta tank mates for 10 gal

Started by goldfish4ever, October 12, 2005, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldfish4ever

I have a 10 gal and a 15 gal with one lone male betta in each. What kind of fishys could I keep with them?? I plan on getting a couple of snails for one tank, but Im thinking for the 15 gal, I would like some other fish.

General rule of thumb is no other fish with long fins, yes?? Would neon or glolight tetras work?

BigDaddy

Be careful with tetras.. they can be fin nippers.

White clouds are a safe bet...

charlie

I have kept bettas with white clouds , cardinals & pristella tetras without any problems also bushy nose plecos,& clown loaches. These were not all in the same tank but different combos in different tanks.
Regards

Mettle

I have a male betta in my 38 gallon tank with clown loaches, rummy nose tetras and cardinal tetras. The rummies seem to sometimes take an interest in him. I also have a single German ram in there and it seems to be cool. But it is a bigger tank.

I also have a 10 gallon with a male betta and four cories. Works out fine. I just gave the cories a place to hide that the bettas doesn't go into. I have noticed him 'go after' the cories on a couple of occasions, but no casualties, heh.