New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Looking for play structure!

Started by Nerine, July 16, 2011, 01:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

Looking for gently used play structure :) or one that the parts are just good to (if wooden but the slide/swings are ok)

inexpensive !! :) if you know someone who is getting rid of theirs or has one for sale let me know!! the tot loves play structures and I dont have $$$$$$$$$ to fork out for them! (I can't believe how expensive and yet flimsy the new ones are!!)

the plastic ones are ok too :) and looking for a little house! any is good :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

robt18

My friend and I just turned ours into a bar... sorry! :P what growing up does to us...

Nerine

Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

magnosis

Quote from: robt18 on July 17, 2011, 11:51:28 PM
My friend and I just turned ours into a bar... sorry! :P what growing up does to us...

ahaha excellent idea !!  got any pics ?

@Nerine what size do you have in mind ?  Have you considered DIY ?  I'm sure there are 100's of plans on the web to build you own, obviously this is a different game though, depends what you have in mind .....

Nerine

yes...that's actually kinda what we want to do, except the pieces cost WAY too much brand new!! the wood is the cheap part LOL the stuff that goes on to make it a play structure (slides/swings) are what cost $$$...so was hoping that someone out there has something they are tired of looking at because the kids are grown up and it's still usable :) my brother in law found one like that, just went up to the house, knocked and then walked away with the structure for his kids! the wood was no good but all the bits were great :)

Greatwhite

There's one on Kijiji for $100...

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-toys-games-play-structure-W0QQAdIdZ297532548

Not sure if it's still available...

Another (nicer) one for $300.  This one is similar to the one I built for my kids (same manufacturer).  Very sturdy.
http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-home-garden-Cedar-Play-Structure-W0QQAdIdZ299007142

Nerine

thanks!!

Rob - post some photos!!!