Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tracking Tank Parameters (Dosing and Chemical balance)

Started by androo303, August 06, 2011, 10:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

androo303

Just been sitting here after doing some tank maintenance (chemical checks, etc.) and was thinking... How do other people track their chemical fluctuations and other dosing.

Software (if so what type) or Paper??

FocusFin

I printed off pages and made a pad on a clipboard that I keep near the tank. It's got to be convenient or I don't use it.

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

gonzo

There are some handy Iphone apps.  One is use is Aqua Tracker.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

redbelly

I too have my own spread sheet but with the parameters as the x axis and the dates on the y axis.

This way its easy to scroll up and down to see your changes over time.
I include:
Salinity
nitate
phosphate
calcium
Volume and frequency of Ca addition
alkalinity
Volume and frequency of Alk addition
magnesium
Volume and frequency of Mg addition
Volume of FM Power trace being added weekly
Notes (includes any and all changes to the system including my weekly 50g water changes)

androo303

Awesome. The reason why i asked was because i tried using the excel/paper based but then i just got lazy. I like the app idea for my smart phone. Thanks!

8)