Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lets go fishing! Boat with kid

Started by HappyGuppy, August 10, 2011, 05:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyGuppy

Hey, is anyone interested in renting a fishing boat for a whole day and go fishing on a lake with your kid?  I have a son (6) and am looking for someone else with a kid (5 to 10) who would enjoy going fishing for a day. 

I have my boating license and fishing license of course.  You would need to have your own fishing license but you don't need a boating license (since I have one).   We could go halfsies on renting a boat (about a hundred bucks, thus $50-60 each). 

Let me know if you have a kid that you'd like to go on a fishing expedition and reply with your phone number so that we could talk about it more.

dan2x38

Idea #2 ? (if that's OK) canoes at Dow's lake $16/hr. can fish on that lake but never keep anything of course... they never bother anyone for licenses there either... could get a group of father's & sons and do several canoes... there are 2 & 3 seaters... just another thought... reserve the canoes for as many who want and go for 2 hrs... do not even have to fish...

PS - I guess Mom's and/or daughters could be welcomed... ;)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Greatwhite

Quote from: dan2x38 on August 11, 2011, 04:49:32 PM
PS - I guess Mom's and/or daughters could be welcomed... ;)

Only yummy mummies... :)

Sounds like it'd be a fun day if you're able to arrange something, HappyGuppy.  Good luck!

You actually just reminded me that i'm overdue for a fishing trip with my dad.  He has access to a private lake near Kingston with MONSTER bass.  He almost had a pike with a 10" wide head into his boat two days in a row last month from there too.

HappyGuppy

Quote from: Greatwhite on August 12, 2011, 11:26:32 PM
Only yummy mummies... :)

Sounds like it'd be a fun day if you're able to arrange something, HappyGuppy.  Good luck!

You actually just reminded me that i'm overdue for a fishing trip with my dad.  He has access to a private lake near Kingston with MONSTER bass.  He almost had a pike with a 10" wide head into his boat two days in a row last month from there too.

Great fishing *story* GreatWhite!  ;)  Seriously though, yes go out with your Dad!  Ahhhh, monster bass ::drool::

I like your idea Dan.  Would have been fun to organize maybe an OVAS fishing event... perhaps next summer.

Well, I haven't gotten any bites on my proposal... so I guess that this thread (and offer) is now dead.

Enjoy the remainder of the summer everyone!