Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What's Worse Than a Leaking Tank????

Started by Nelson, October 18, 2005, 08:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

You get that in writing so you have something to show insurance in 5 years when that same spot turns into the black mold of death (not that I think it would happen... but just in case).

Mettle

Yeah - very good news. But I'd still be weary.

Maybe get a second opinion?

Nelson

Quote from: "BigDaddy"You get that in writing so you have something to show insurance in 5 years when that same spot turns into the black mold of death (not that I think it would happen... but just in case).
That's a nice black outfit you've got on BD :lol:   The guy is the owner of the second largest company of its kind and his wife is a colleague of my wife's.  He could have easily told me I was looking at a $1000 job, and I would have accepted it.  He didn't, which says something about his integrity.  I'll take his word that I don't/won't have a problem :wink:

PaleoFishGirl

Congrats then, I guess.  Doesn't it still make you wonder, though:

Where the heck did all the water go?  

That one would keep me awake at night.  Brrrrrr...

Nerine

I hope your house is ok! and the fish too!! that must have been terrible for them :(
I have had a large tank fall through a shelf during an earthquake, and after that all my tanks were only a foot or so off the floor!! glad you were able to find the fish alive! hope they are still doing well
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Nelson

Quote from: "Nerine"I hope your house is ok! and the fish too!! that must have been terrible for them :(
I have had a large tank fall through a shelf during an earthquake, and after that all my tanks were only a foot or so off the floor!! glad you were able to find the fish alive! hope they are still doing well

Thanks Nerine....I re-caulked the tank and will be setting it up again tomorrow.  The fish are doing well and will be home soon.  I've ordered two web cams that I can dial up from anywhere to monitor both my fish and the water level.  Hopefully I will never get caught in this situation again.

nickie

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Nelson !!...what a terrible feeling it must be to see an empty tank  !!.......I hope you have or can borrow a dehumidifier They do an excellant job drying up the place !!!...  
       I think we had here in Corwall rain for a whole week !!! and the water started seaping through the bottom of my foundation on two sides of the house.... I had to empty the dehumidifier tank three times  ....but it really driedout the basement floor in 24 hours  !!... They are a real wonder !!........    
       Your a smart man, buy a new one, and perhaps repair the old at your leasure , and retain as a  spare for in the basement...
                                                                  Good luck ,...John