Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

eggs

Started by NjOyRiD, October 16, 2005, 04:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NjOyRiD

i have eggs in my south american tank with tetras and corys, they are on the window, can i do something?!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Julie

Hi NJ, the tetra and cories will eat them.  Do you know what pair they came from?

Julie

NjOyRiD

to be honest with you, i have no clues, it happend during the day today! The Black Widow are running at each others, its the only thing i could see that is diferent

the eges are white
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Julie

Since I don't know what a black widow is, can't say what colour the eggs should be.  For my fish-  they turn brown when fertilized, but if they just layed them, white sounds good.  Did you want fry?

luvfishies

I'd say it's cory eggs. They are usually visible, unlike tetra eggs, and cories are known to scatter them onto the glass.

Woody

They be Cory eggs if they are on the glass, your Black Widow would scatter their eggs into the plants and gravel and would probably not be visible.

BTW  what type of cories do you have?

Woody

NjOyRiD

I have Cory julli, Cory splenden and cory aenus
370g System