Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pearl Jam

Started by brotherluv, September 15, 2011, 12:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherluv

What an amazing performance for such an old group. The energy they had was outstanding!  If you were there tonight you know what I'm talking about. If you missed it, get some tickets the next time they come. Talk about a band looking to revive rock music.  I've seen a lot of concerts in my day.  Aside from the horrible acoustics in the Scotiabank place it was the best concert I've  ever seen!!  I'm hooked.  Already looking to see them in another city...hopefully outside.  Wow!

beowulf

Love Pearl Jam but if they are an old group what does that make the Rolling Stones?   :P

brotherluv

I suppose ancient? :) Not too many 90's bands from that genre made it this far.  I went and saw the PJ documentary on Tuesday which was great!  Let's hope for another 20 years!!

beowulf

I guess you are right that other then Pearl Jam not many made it or not with so few changes.

Soundgarden - took a decade off and are now back together with slight lineup change
Alice in Chains - broke of few a few years at start of 2000s and of course lost Layne Staley to an overdose.
Screaming Trees - been around since 1985 but not the same popularity
Mudhoney - Again around since 1988 but not same level of popularity
Hole - back together since 2009 after 7-8 years hiatus
Stone Temple Pilots - also took a large chunk of the 2000s off but are back together since 2008

brotherluv

When soundgarden broke up PJ took their drummer, which was an amazing upgrade for them.  Sublime, Nirvana, both lost their lead.  The black crowes split..I was so glad STP got back together but drugs and alcohol screwed so many bands up from our time.

White Lightning

Yep way too many died too soon..

Layne Staley
Bradley Nowell
Kurt Cobain
Dimebag Darryl
Jimi Hendrix
Janis Joplin
Bon Scott
Randy Rhodes
Shannon Hoon
Andrew Wood ( Mother Love Bone)
I am sure I am missing soem important ones.

brotherluv

Clifford lee Burton
Bon Scott
Jim Morrison
Stevie Ray Vaughn

To add a few more