Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where to get Acrylic

Started by Medym, January 17, 2012, 01:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medym

I am trying to track down some acrylic for my next build/project.  All I see at Lowes/Home Depot is fairly thin, overpriced, clear acrylic.  Does anyone know of a good spot to get black coloured acrylic (internal overflow and cases for some LED fixturess).

Thanks!

beertech

Medym

Quote from: beertech on January 17, 2012, 01:53:25 PM
Canus Plastics.

Awesome.  Is it the kind of place I can just saunter into, or is it more of a call ahead, make an order and pickup in the back sort of place?

daworldisblack

Quote from: Medym on January 18, 2012, 11:19:51 AM
Awesome.  Is it the kind of place I can just saunter into, or is it more of a call ahead, make an order and pickup in the back sort of place?

Yeah you can just walk in and talk to those guys. You can also call ahead too probably but they def have a location so you can stop by.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

beertech

Don't forget to check out the scrap bin, you may get what you need for free!  :)

Rybren

Quote from: beertech on January 18, 2012, 12:10:01 PM
Don't forget to check out the scrap bin, you may get what you need for free!  :)

Did they reinstate the scrap bin?  The last time I was there (~8mths ago) , they told me that they had stopped putting scrap out - too many folks were taking advantage of it and grabbing all they can rather than what they need.
120G Reef