Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Costco Steaks

Started by Cheebs, January 17, 2012, 04:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk

Costco in gatineau is even better
Cheap beer

21.00 for  a case of 24 beer

mchotdog

Quote from: elk on January 18, 2012, 04:30:35 PM
Costco in gatineau is even better
Cheap beer

21.00 for  a case of 24 beer
thats a good deal
you know the cheap beer place on Front street in Aylmer? its the worst! charges 5% tip for nothing. i picked up my own beer, moved the cases to my car by myself and everything. is it even legal? force charging people 5% tip for collecting money at the counter. never going that place again.

rockgarden

Just don't burn or cut any fingers in the process!!!

salvini55

I ran out of propane mid cooking my last 2 costco steaks about a month ago.... It was a sad, sad night.

sas

Nothing beats farm fresh for anything.
Cut out the middle man for sure if you can.
Especially roast chicken that had been previously
that afternoon cruising around the barnyard and is
now on the table for supper. :)

As far as beer stores, nothing beats the one we have
across the way since it has a drive through.

brotherluv

Which brand of beer costs $21?

dan2x38

Even farm fresh beef can be nasty tough as shoe leather depending what it was feed how it grazed if at all. It also needs to be aged or it is not as tender. I grew up in New Brunswick in the country ate lots of farm fresh milk from the utter, eggs, pork, lamb but never chicken and of course ate fresh beef. It wasn't until I became an adult and butcher learned about aging that I had the best steaks. Private butchers often age their beef or upon request will age it for you as will farmers. But farmers have strict rules on selling meats, eggs or milk. The ones that are able too will age it for you if they have the cooler space if so it is awesome. It also depends on what they are feed. Alberta corn raised free range beef aged 21 days is the most amazing steak I've ever eaten! Use to go to a place called 'Friends & Owners Cut' an up scale place in Edmonton that served steaks almost as thick as you wanted of aged Alberta beef. It was to freakin' die for.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Greatwhite

Quote from: brotherluv on January 19, 2012, 07:59:56 AM
Which brand of beer costs $21?

Forget Costco for beer... They don't carry many brands...  Go to the Beer King!!  He's got all the major brands, and lots i haven't heard of for $23 for 24!

Greatwhite

Quote from: mchotdog on January 18, 2012, 04:37:38 PM
thats a good deal
you know the cheap beer place on Front street in Aylmer? its the worst! charges 5% tip for nothing. i picked up my own beer, moved the cases to my car by myself and everything. is it even legal? force charging people 5% tip for collecting money at the counter. never going that place again.

Hmm... I wonder if you're talking about the same guy as me... The 5% isn't a tip, it's a deposit on the bottle... 10 cents per bottle, I believe (never pay attention to it). 

dan2x38

Quote from: Greatwhite on January 19, 2012, 09:21:01 AM
Hmm... I wonder if you're talking about the same guy as me... The 5% isn't a tip, it's a deposit on the bottle... 10 cents per bottle, I believe (never pay attention to it). 

@ $21.00 5% = $1.05 and @ $25.00 5% = $1.25

The deposit is $0.10 a bottle which is $2.40 so I doubt it is bottle deposit. Sounds like someone should contact Consumer and Corporate Affairs along with Better Business Bureau. So often these issues happen ppl. do nothing and the vendor continues to get away with their thievery.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Greatwhite

Yeah - I've never seen TIPS at a beer store.  Go to the Beer King (Marché Gravelle) in Aylmer.  You can't beat his prices, and -- no tipping is required. :)

mchotdog

Quote from: Greatwhite on January 19, 2012, 02:50:54 PM
Yeah - I've never seen TIPS at a beer store.  Go to the Beer King (Marché Gravelle) in Aylmer.  You can't beat his prices, and -- no tipping is required. :)
the 5% tip is not the deposit. its on top of the deposit. it just says tip...
its that place called depanneur rapido on Front street. Dont go there!!!! they post ads in paper sometimes.

Greatwhite

Quote from: mchotdog on January 19, 2012, 04:57:15 PM
the 5% tip is not the deposit. its on top of the deposit. it just says tip...
its that place called depanneur rapido on Front street. Dont go there!!!! they post ads in paper sometimes.

Crazy.. I certainly wouldn't be going there!!  Marché Gravelle is the only place to buy beer!  It's on Rue Dalhousie in Aylmer.  The first time I went in there, I was like a kid in a candy store.  If you go all the way to the back, there's a door to a refrigerated room containing (you guessed it)  MORE beer.