Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Interesting fish bowl.

Started by Mettle, October 16, 2005, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettle

I was browsing Ebay this morning, looking at some different things and always do a search on fish stuff when I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/AMAZING-WALL-HANGING-FISH-TANK-AQUARIUM-BUBBLE-NEW_W0QQitemZ7707224269QQcategoryZ20755QQcmdZViewItem

Quite the unique concept. A fish bowl that hangs on the wall! Of course it'd only be good for bettas (or if you got the 2 gal, you might be able to do a paradise fish). But it's still quite cool/interesting. You'd just have to make sure to hit a stud in the wall when hanging it - because we all know how much water weighs!

Anyway. Just thought I'd share.

Flawed_Artist

Wow. I want a huge tank like that. If only they could make a 50 gallon like that, without ruining the wall.

PaleoFishGirl

That's cute :)  I found this unique bowl in a catalog the other day:

http://www.signals.com/signals/Item_Fish-Bowl_PJ6442_ps_srm.html

Kind of pricy but I like it  :lol:

squeeker

I've seen that fish-shaped one before!  I thing it's pretty, but I'd never put a fish in it.  It's just a little too small... maybe flowers or something, though flowers would look funny coming out of a fish's mouth!

nickie

Years ago in Montreal I saw a large goldfish bowl hanging from the ceiling in a fish netting ,.. a tiffany type lamp 12"inches above
the fish bowl in the netting ,...which was attached to a chain at the ceiling, over to the wall and down, with a switch for the light....  and some kind of water loving plant growing out of the bowl... with one goldfish happily swimming around...it all hung over their kitchen table ....
   I asked how she managed to clean the bowl ???...she`d syphon out half, and add half with her long spout watering can.... It was very interesting and took a little time to get use to .... very dramatic when all the other lights were turned off... She had the set up for a couple of years...  so I guess the fish was OK ,....
I doubt if the city added clorine in the water in those days..    John

Mettle

I love that fish-shaped on. They carry them at Pet Smart in various sizes but they're so expensive. Too much $$$ for me. The largest of the large looks okay for a betta, imo. But then again, how happy a betta is in a bowl is debatable.

goldfish4ever

I found a 2.7 gallon (it actually hold more water then that because I measured and if I fill it up to the brim its almost 3 gal) fish bowl at a second hand store!! Its was so incredible looking because I had never seen one so large that I had to pick it up! It houses my magenta colored betta. Love it! I wish I could find somewhere to buy another one! Its even big enough in there to hang a heater without touching anything!

PaleoFishGirl

At one of those discount furniture warehouses once, I saw another cool fish 'bowl.'  Actually it was a 4-foot high wooden statue of an old fisherman sitting cross-legged, holding a large (~5 gallon removable) goldfish bowl in his lap and a wooden fishing rod in the crook of his arm so that the fake lure dangled over the bowl.  He had this freaky expression on his face as he stared into the bowl.    Talk about expensive and keeping the cats out would have been a nightmare, but super cool nonetheless!

Beardy

Personally, I like the space concept aquariums

dannypd

Quote from: "Beardy"Personally, I like the space concept aquariums

wow!

How think is that?  3"?  or less?

Julie

That picture looks like it's been altered.

Julie

Shouganai

I don't know if the first picture posted is doctored or not, but I DO remember some sales rep coming in with a big folder/portfolio and leaving it with us in the fish dept.. he wanted us to sell tanks exactly like those. Thin, suspended, impractical looking things.

Julie

No doubt they exist, but it just looks like it isn't actually in that setting.

Julie