New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Good Parks

Started by Fishnut, May 02, 2012, 08:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

This year, your OVAS exec committee is having a hard time finding an appropriate place for our BBQ in June.  We have always been at Vincent Massey but the NCC has made the entire park unavailable for the month of June.

So, we have The Bandshell booked at Andrew Haydon Park but I'm not super happy with it because there's a big area where kids could accidentally fall into the pond off the stage.  I have no idea where else in the city to look. 

Does anyone else know of a park that has a sheltered area with hydro?

Saltcreep

Feivel

Im sure theres a few of us with throw up gazeboos and generators .... Lets not stop there hehe :-) I might be able to get one borrowed for the day if need be.a nice 2000w if I remember right

brotherluv

I'm fairly sure Britannia park has the amenities specified.

androo303

What about Mooney's Bay? Beautiful park and lots of space.

Also the nichols island camp down river road is a nice place too with swimming, basketball, tennis, etc.

charlie

On Monday i will try & get some info on Bate Island Park - it is under the NCC umbrella & has a covered area & what seems to be washrooms with a fair amount of parking but that can be limited depending on any other activities going on.
Errol

Feivel

Its funny you mention bate island.... I was just thinking the same..... Then I though of all the water around us .... Then I thought of all the bugs there would be there I  june.... Not to mention june bigs :-)  kinda scraped that one there for me .... Just imo

Cheers

Britania sounds nice
Mooneys bay could get crowded especially on a hot day. But they do have those little charcoal bbq stands here and there.

Fishnut

Quote from: Feivel on May 05, 2012, 11:21:09 PM
Mooneys bay could get crowded especially on a hot day. But they do have those little charcoal bbq stands here and there.

Who needs BBQ stands when we're having pig roasted on a spit for us on site!!!!

Feivel

Quote from: Fishnut on May 06, 2012, 12:04:42 AM
Who needs BBQ stands when we're having pig roasted on a spit for us on site!!!!

I was thinking of that while I was typing it actually lol.

Monte

Another place we could hold it would be at Hogsback Park. It has a Covered area with picknick tables, public washrooms and walking paths with the sound of the falls in the background.  :)

40 Gallon Breeder

Fishnut

Yes, I was considering that.  What's in the buildings behind that multi-coloured covered area?  I might just go check it out tomorrow.

Saltcreep

A snack bar, if I remember back in my "younger" days.

Feivel

Not sure everybody will like this one LOL.

Aylmer Marina.

; )

bizfromqc

Quote from: Feivel on May 07, 2012, 12:00:05 PM
Not sure everybody will like this one LOL.

Aylmer Marina.

; )

Le Parc Leamy is pretty nice too. Beach, restrooms, paths, volleyball, etc... it's under the NCC umbrella so a quick email to these folks would answer all the questions you have.

EB

Monte

Quote from: Saltcreep on May 07, 2012, 10:45:09 AM
A snack bar, if I remember back in my "younger" days.

That's right I just found out today there is a snack bar there and it is run by Lonestar Ranch and Catering.

I don't think they would be too happy if we had a BBQ right in front of there concession stand.  >:(

Not such a good Idea. I guess you will have to try somewhere else. Sorry about that.
40 Gallon Breeder