New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Diablo III

Started by Hookup, May 14, 2012, 04:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn84

Anyone have any nice ring or neck with dex, vit and str let me know
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Hookup

Hookup

Quote from: morrom on July 06, 2012, 11:50:45 AM
@ Hookup:   The nef buff effects all elite/champ packs plus bosses, a five stack will guarantee a rare drop. You don't so much use them as they are active for 30 mins, they boost your GF and MF and will refresh ever time you kill a elite/champ pack. Basically they just give you a better chance of getting more loot.

Currently I am farming Act 1 inferno but its slow going I have found some nice things, but nothing that is really an upgrade for me. Just hoping to get a drop that is really worth something sell it and use the proceeds to get some nice upgrades.

In game I am morrom#1600 if any one wants to group up just add me.

Thanks morrom, I didn't realize that was how they worked...  I thought they were consumed on end-act. bosses ...   

I can run in act 1 mostly solo... But still have some issues...  Had a buddy come farm act 1 with me...  Resists makes a big difference...  We had similar stats, other than he had +600 resist all and I was +220.... It was clear who died more...   :)

I'm now looking at getting a few big +res items as I'm back at about 500k gold...   

Shawn84

My monk is only lvl 55. Taking my time :)
A bunch a fishes.....

Brando8719

Just noticed this thread now when visiting the forum.  I also have d3.  I haven't played for a couple weeks though... act II inferno was wayyy too hard and just when I was getting good enough equipment for it they nerfed all my ias with a patch. I would have no problems soloing act I but then white named characters would one shot me in act 2.  I've heard they lowered the difficulty of act ii in a recent patch so I'm planning on giving it another shot sometime this week. I have a level 60 wizard and some other mid level characters. 

Someone posted here wondering if you could actually get blizzard to send you real money from the real money auction house... they will send money to your paypal for anything you sell but you have to have it set up before and they take 15%.  If you have it set to send the money to your blizzard account (which is default) you only can use the money in game to buy more auctions.  When the rmah first came online I sold some shoulders for $20... but didn't have it set to send to paypal so I'll now have to spend it in game.

Hookup

Quote from: Shawn84 on July 08, 2012, 09:54:52 PM
My monk is only lvl 55. Taking my time :)

this helps... i'll keep eyes open for 55+ level gear for you...

Severum

Lvl 55 Barb on Hell act 2 here. I was getting smoked by elites for a while until I changed my strat. Problem now is that my health is only 12 K.

I've sold $4.25 in the RMAH so far so basically I'm ready to quit my job and become a professional gamer now...

Anyone looking to farm Hell act 1 or 2 let me know. I have the staff of herding but not the items to build it. Would be nice to head to unicorn land for some loot/gold/exp (if its anything like the D2 cow land).
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Hookup

Quote from: Severum on July 09, 2012, 01:40:04 PM
Anyone looking to farm Hell act 1 or 2 let me know. I have the staff of herding but not the items to build it. Would be nice to head to unicorn land for some loot/gold/exp (if its anything like the D2 cow land).

The Hell Cow level is not that good for drops and gold, IMO anyhow... not sure if inferno cows is better (pony's i belive is what it's referred to now)...

Farming Act i inferno still seems like the main way of gear advancement in the game...   BTW, Act 3 is your friend... first 1/2 dozen quests... in the keep and on the battle-field/planes... just soooooo many MOB's it seems like the best place to level up..

morrom

Yes resists are HUGE in this game right now, with out it mobs on inferno difficult will one 1-2 you. I just got to 680 all resist with 24k DPS and going to and get some were in act 2 again.
Still think I need to get some more Life on hit gear tho.

@hookup add me I am farming act 1 atm MorroM#1600.

Shawn84

Just stock up on a fully set of armor and accessory of just MF and GF. Gone a start farming really soon
A bunch a fishes.....

Hookup

Quote from: morrom on July 10, 2012, 10:55:43 AM
Yes resists are HUGE in this game right now, with out it mobs on inferno difficult will one 1-2 you. I just got to 680 all resist with 24k DPS and going to and get some were in act 2 again.
Still think I need to get some more Life on hit gear tho.

@hookup add me I am farming act 1 atm MorroM#1600.

thanks will add... Act I Inferno is easy-cake for me... ok, i do die, but mainly when i'm trying to be all. ."I CAN DPS MY WAY THRU ANYTHING"... haha.. and I cannot... I've been waiting to start Act II but every time I log on to try a buddy is farming I so I figure why not...  :)

My hardest thing is knowing which gear to keep and which to vendor sell... My inventory is OVER STOCKED and I'm guessing a lot of it is just plane crap...   Sure +150 STR / +150 VIT and +68 RESIST ALL is a no brainer.... but there are just so many "eh? is this good?" stuff...   I think my new rule will be all items sell for 5000g unless it's obviously a 500k drop.  LOL

holachicka

Quote from: Severum on July 09, 2012, 01:40:04 PM

I've sold $4.25 in the RMAH so far so basically I'm ready to quit my job and become a professional gamer now...

handsome AND smart!!! niiiiiiiiiice!!

Nerine

AHHHHHHHHHHHH I need to upgrade my computer so badly!!!! all I hear is Diablo III this and Diablo III that :(((( it's depressing :( heartbreaking even!! But alas, I must wait to upgrade! in the meantime, just grinding out titles in GW :( haha
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Hookup

OMG Diablo IIIHOURS THIS!!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D

Severum

Quote from: Hookup on July 14, 2012, 11:59:22 PM
OMG Diablo IIIHOURS THIS!!!!!    ;D ;D ;D ;D

I don't understand what you're trying to say...

BTW, farming gold in hell is not easy. I spent way to much time with way too little profit.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef