Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Done aquascaping . Your thought?

Started by Raven, November 11, 2005, 12:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

http://photobucket.com/albums/c271/Midnight_Mike/?sc=1

hey guys. i finished choosing plants for my 10 and 20g.waiting for stephane at aquatropique to make his next order to singapour . just wanted to hear you thoughts. i know some of these plants get quite tall but i love the look of trailing leaves on the surface. i cant believe i found some cryptcoryne bullosa. it has pink ''stem'' and black leaves. how cool is that.cant wait to enter next month's photo contest.

mseguin

Hard to imagine it from the drawing lol. I'll ahve to wait for the final product. Sure it will look great.

BigDaddy

You will be pruning the hygro out of the 10 gallon more often that you'd probably like.......

Raven

yeah i know the hygro will be tough but i love the way it looks. i was thinking of ditching the carpets of java moss and doing a dwarf hairgrass(eleoachris parvulus) carpet in both tanks. your thoughts?

darkdep

That sounds like a great idea.  I personally hate java moss.

Raven

if it were the only plant in  that tank i would let it invade the tank. it would look like a mini jungle. but i dont want it attaching to the other plants . maybe if i dig up another 10g ill try that. just a question about dwarf haiirgrass. if i buy a pot and spread it out over a 6'' by 2'' part of my tank how long would it take to fill in?