Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where can/should I dispose of large waste/junk in Ottawa?

Started by Cheebs, August 06, 2012, 09:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

i'm cleaning out my basement. I have alot of scrap metal - old iron pipes, etc. if I leave it out, do you really think someone might pick it up? I'd take it to a recycler (if I knew of one), but its just to much for my car.
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

elk

when I took out my freezer and dishwasher to the curb it was gone in 20 minutes.

Hookup

Quote from: dpatte on August 28, 2012, 07:05:49 PM
i'm cleaning out my basement. I have alot of scrap metal - old iron pipes, etc. if I leave it out, do you really think someone might pick it up? I'd take it to a recycler (if I knew of one), but its just to much for my car.

Foxy Recycle, on Baselilne between Greenbank and the Queensway Carlton hospital (416) will very happily take this.

Feivel

Ahha lol .... I know of a place lmao baketmetals. Its 120$ / ton .... Or was it 180¿ Either way its not that much

Greatwhite

Quote from: dpatte on August 28, 2012, 07:05:49 PM

Seriously - put it at the curb the night before garbage day, about 1hr before the rest of your trash.  The metal guys are like sharks - they can smell that stuff a mile away and will come running.  If they get a couple bucks out of it, good for them!  It has always saved me from having to trek out to a recycling place to make sure it didn't get into a landfill.

Last week, I put out some nasty old metal blinds from a very large window... 3 metal guys looked at them, and left them...  1 guy was there while my wife was putting something else out, and said "meh, you only get a couple bucks for these things, but I'll take them anyway... it all adds up!"  So I brought him a box full of old metal closet rods as a reward.