Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Cichlid food?

Started by Elfin, October 17, 2012, 11:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elfin

I heard Spiralina flakes are best for africans for color. My question is where can i find some. Inlooked and dont really finfd flakes with it. Thanks in advance

Dakotamay

Get New Life Spectrum cichlid formula pellets. I know BA's up there carries NLS pellets. Maybe others too. Feed that for a month and watch the colors on your fish pop. They'll be a lot healthier as well.
I don't have fresh anymore but when I had the cichlid tank before going salt. This is what I fed them. I now feed my salt tanks NLS Thera +A formula. This can also be fed to cichlids as well. I fed them this formula not the cichlid formula.
I think there's also a store up there that has started to carry New Era pellets and other foods from New Era. I like their formula too. Feed our tanks a New Era Marine grazer disc daily.
Hope that helps.

robt18

It depends on what type of cichlids you have; some are vegetarians, some are carnivores.

I've got an mbuna tank, which are all vegetarians, and I've started using New Era rift lake green and they're the healthiest I've ever seen them. Highly recommended.

1macuser

I've used the NLS for the past few yeas and have now changed over to the NE the fish really like the NE food.
I have not seen any color difference between the 2 foods. NE has food for both types vegetarians and carnivores.

Brine

You can make your own food if you want. There are recipes online for vegetarian, carnivorous and omnivore foods. It is kind of fun and rewarding plus you know EXACTLY what your fish are eating.

Elfin

Thanxs all i have mbuna so veggie eaters hehe