New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Dear Bitterman - Can I come for supper??

Started by Greatwhite, September 18, 2012, 01:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Greatwhite

Someone on facebook mentioned that when he makes it - he is going to add some cheese inside.  A nice smoked gouda or something in there would be AMAAAZING... and then comes the heart attack.

sas

Definitely looks yummy :).
I'll bring stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos and a few brown bottles :D.

But wait the diet is going to go down the drain!

bt

Quote from: Greatwhite on September 18, 2012, 02:48:13 PM
Someone on facebook mentioned that when he makes it - he is going to add some cheese inside.  A nice smoked gouda or something in there would be AMAAAZING... and then comes the heart attack.

I'd go with a pepper jack.

We've done meatloaf similar to this a few times, in the oven and on the BBQ.

Stussi613

Quote from: Greatwhite on September 18, 2012, 02:48:13 PM
Someone on facebook mentioned that when he makes it - he is going to add some cheese inside.  A nice smoked gouda or something in there would be AMAAAZING... and then comes the heart attack.

When you fill it with cheese, or other items,it's called a "fatty". I've made them before, quite good for the mouth, but bad for the waistline!

Here are some example from my BBQ buddies...

http://tvwbb.com/search.php?searchid=41724
I haz reef tanks.

Stussi613

Quote from: sas on September 18, 2012, 02:50:37 PM
I'll bring stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos

Mmmmm atomic buffalo turds!  Here's a pic of some I made with pulled pork for my daughters birthday last year.

I haz reef tanks.

bitterman

LOL... never made anything like that! Looks yummy!

I do have plans for a Turkey breast.

Brine it with water/salt and sugar, after brining make it into one 3/8" flat piece... Then put some home made stuffing with home made sage, onions celary bread etc etc...  Roll it up...

Then put it in the smoker for a little with mesquite (Very mild smoking), Then to the rotisserie  on the bbq...

Make a cranberry glaze out of real cranberries to finish it off a[[liing the last bit till it hits the right internal temp.

Take it off the heat and let it rest for a bit before cutting.

You will get a nice spiral of turkey and stuffing with a cranberry outside! Server with a  little turkey gravy made the bones in the breast and wings.

Bruce

Greatwhite

Or you can take a turkey, stuff it with a duck.. stuffed with a chicken, stuffed with a cornish hen, stuffed with bacon... And smoke that for a few days.  Nah.. yours sounds tastier.