Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bitter-sweet!

Started by Feivel, September 22, 2012, 07:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feivel

Just to thank bitterman for his presentation. I walked in at the end of it but i did get a bag of salty mix. The fish GO NUTS FOR IT especially the tangs :-)  love the formula ;-)   

Could you pm (or post) the receipe for me please :-)

Cheers.

Oh and thanks to everyone for putting the time and effort into the event :-)

bitterman

NjOyRiD

yup, i tried it, they like it, but with my fish, half of the bag is already gone LOL
thats why I also make my own, saves money :)

I,ll post my recipe later. i add more protein, silverside, selcon for vitamins, and cycloppeze or reef roids for my corals

thanx again Bruce
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

bitterman

Quote from: NjOyRiD on September 22, 2012, 09:52:39 PM
yup, i tried it, they like it, but with my fish, half of the bag is already gone LOL
thats why I also make my own, saves money :)

I,ll post my recipe later. i add more protein, silverside, selcon for vitamins, and cycloppeze or reef roids for my corals

thanx again Bruce

I did this as a starter for people... I agree that all the mentioned items are very good!

The trick is to balance the extra stuff for corals based on the coral load in your tank. My tank has very few corals at the moment so the formula is aimed more at a fish old system and I spot feed the corals that need it.

Instead of silver sides I have used frozen SW herring as well and they worked well.

The beauty of making your own food you can change the formula to suite your own tank and its contents!

Another huge benefit is cost. Frozen food is normally around $12.99 a pack at the LFS.

Bruce