New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Unlimited Internet

Started by shaheed, September 25, 2012, 06:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaheed

Anyone have any experience with the companies that provide unlimited internet?  I'm absolutely sick and tired with the 'big two' companies that seem to rule internet -- with restrictions (bandwith).  However, the reviews im reading regarding customer service and 'blackouts' with the unlimited internet -- makes me unsure.. My contract is up, i have to either renew or cancel.... 

thoughts?

jon1985

I have been using teksavvy for a few months and it seems good so far.  I only have 300G but they have unlimited options.  Just google it and you will find it.

JetJumper

teksavvy here.. No bandwidth shaping / Deep Packet Inspection for me! Muahaha.. mind you.. you can get around that on Bell / Rogers easy.. but the bandwidth is killer!
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

montisaurus

teksavvy here also.
Great customer service here so far.... About 1 1/2 yrs. I must say a few times in our internet has gone down, we've called the company and they've responded saying it could take some time but within 24 hours we should be reconnected, but within a few hours it's usually up and running

Hookup

teksavvy for me too.. i also ahve the 300gig plan at 28mb/dnload... the price difference between 300gig/month and unlimited is $15.  If you have overage charges for going over 300gig they cap at $15... ie. you cannot spend more than an unlimited package.

usage is also based upon a 2month rolling window/avearge.  so you an blow thru 500gig in Sept and do 100gig in Oct and have no-overages...

but for $15 cap, who cares.

shaheed

good to know, thats the company i was looking at... thanks everyone

shaheed

sorry one last question -- how stable is the internet?  I feel like im leaving rogers (with all my 'customer loyalty credit') to try out another company, and I dont' know if they are always 'on' .  Rogers claims that techsavvy has inconsistent speeds and connection (even tho its a 'tailbacked' line from rogers).  I plan on streaming and downloading a lot.. Internet is something that I truly need for my work/day to day -- comments?

Darth

overall teksavvy is cheaper, downside you have to buy your modem, if there is a problem and a tech has to come out you pay like $65 and sometimes it can take up to a week to fix, upside is they rent lines from rogers, so the service is the same, but that being said if you live in an area that services a lot of rogers cx and your bandwith is causing them slowdowns, they will throttle the teksavvy connection

for the most part I would say go teksavvy because of cost

Hookup

I went to teksavvy because I hated the packet sniffing/throttling of dnloading torrents... 

It's been better IMO.