Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

URGENT: Want a Membership

Started by masoud100, October 31, 2012, 12:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masoud100

Hi I have decided to get a membership and believe it costs $20. I also heard you get 10% off all sponsors such as Big Als, La Niche, etc. Also I am guessing the 10% off applies to everything from fish, plants, filters, lights, etc. If this is all true then I want to sign up.

But my question is if I sign up when can I get the discounts (right away or have to wait). The reason I am asking is I will need a light bulb for my tank as I think one of them burnt out. I need it fast and will probably by it sometime on Wednesday October 31, 2012 as I have live plants and they have not had light for +24 hours and counting. I will come anytime from 1pm-3pm to pick up the card and pay the membership in person if I have to in order to get the discount on same day at the store. Please respond ASAP so I figure everything out.

Darth

as soon as you have the card, and can show it to the retailer that offers the discounts you get the discount but you have to have the card

charlie

Our membership Chairperson is away until Nov. 11Th
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=55084.0
That said Membership can be purchased @ a couple of Local fish stores - La Niche & Fishtails
Another option is to send me a PM with your location & may be i can direct you to a Exec. who lives closer to you so that you may be able to get your membership that way.
Hope this helps

robt18

FYI discounts are all at the discretion of the sponsors. The club does not provide the discount or regulate them, the items that are eligible for discount may differ per location.

lucius

Quote from: robt18 on October 31, 2012, 09:05:26 AM
FYI discounts are all at the discretion of the sponsors. The club does not provide the discount or regulate them, the items that are eligible for discount may differ per location.

It's true.  I bought some red slate from both location of Big Al's.  Only the west end gave me a discount. 

Stussi613

Quote from: charlie on October 31, 2012, 08:29:44 AM
Our membership Chairperson is away until Nov. 11Th
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=55084.0
That said Membership can be purchased @ a couple of Local fish stores - La Niche & Fishtails
Another option is to send me a PM with your location & may be i can direct you to a Exec. who lives closer to you so that you may be able to get your membership that way.
Hope this helps

If you're in the west end of Ottawa I can meet you at Big Al's Kanata with a membership card anytime today as I'm working from home.
I haz reef tanks.