Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What type of shrimp do people keep here?

Started by bettabreeder, August 13, 2012, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bettabreeder

Quote from: blueknight0303 on August 24, 2012, 11:18:03 PM
i have sunkist shrimps hoping that they will breed... and my black bees just vanished when i transferred them to my Crystal shrimp tank :( also have Rilis and amanos. trying to figure out how to make the damn amano naupliis survive for a week....

sulawesi are so cool but expensive -_-

What type of rili's? I just ordered some but would love to get some diversity into the gene pool. And if I'm not mistaken I believe that amano naupliis need to go through a brackish water stage.

Fishnut

They only need that when they're hatchlings.  By the time they're of a saleable size, they're completely freshwater.

blueknight0303

Quote from: bettabreeder on August 25, 2012, 11:27:49 PM
What type of rili's? I just ordered some but would love to get some diversity into the gene pool. And if I'm not mistaken I believe that amano naupliis need to go through a brackish water stage.

i have 5 red rilis... hoping they breed on me too! i have seen females with eggs but i havent seen any hatchlings.... and yea i know brackish..i tried 2 setups, salt and brackish but they seem to not last long... i tried feeding plankton and artemia food... but still get none... now im hoping i get new batch of fertilied eggs again.

bettabreeder

Quote from: blueknight0303 on August 26, 2012, 02:29:27 AM
i have 5 red rilis... hoping they breed on me too! i have seen females with eggs but i havent seen any hatchlings.... and yea i know brackish..i tried 2 setups, salt and brackish but they seem to not last long... i tried feeding plankton and artemia food... but still get none... now im hoping i get new batch of fertilied eggs again.
The planted tank has a lot of info on raising zoas in brackish water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melody

Cherry Shrimp only these days.  I had CRS & Tiger Shrimp when my Son was younger because he loved Shrimp, but they kind of grew on me too over the years.  I'd like to have another little shrimp-only tank again someday.

flyingpancake

I have some red sukura.....red reili.....blue jelly...nice shade of blue....some mini mexican orange creyfish....white creyfish.....always looking for something different....

bettabreeder

Very cool! Well just wanted to share that I got some OEBT shrimp in today and they are honestly so cool to watch. I hope that if my CRS are breeding then they will too as they require very similar conditions. Will keep people posted

Fishnut

Nice!  Those guys just freak me out for some reason :)  I hope your breeding is successful!!  Where did you find them?

bettabreeder

Quote from: Fishnut on October 03, 2012, 06:20:35 PM
Nice!  Those guys just freak me out for some reason :)  I hope your breeding is successful!!  Where did you find them?
I hope they breed too! I got them from alphaprobreeders. The guy there is very knowledgeable and very passionate about what he does. He has been working on his oebt line for a very long time and its shown in the quality of the shrimp he sent me.

wrm130

-snowball
-crystal red
-cherry
-minami? they breed like mad :)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DMy0JBF8G8

touchofsky

I only keep cherry and Amano shrimp since I have relatively hard, high ph well water.  I have had success with both.   

Microglanis