Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Leak in Phosban Reactor

Started by Mike62, October 30, 2012, 07:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike62

About a day ago, I noticed that my phosban reactor has developed a bit of a leak at its top, if the flow is reduced to a low level, it doesnt occur. I'm not financially able to buy a new one, and I'd like to have the flow a bit higher than it is now but I dont want my floor soaked. Would there be a problem if I were to hang the reactor so that the body of it is inside the tank, in the water? That way, any leaks would go back in the tank anyway.
Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

NanoSF

No not a problem. People have them hanging in their sumps all the time. You might be able to wrap some nylon tape around the big rubber ring that seals the top and stop the leak. Also, do you have the flow restricting valve before the inlet to the reactor or after the reactor? Either way it slows the flow, but having it after means there is more pressure in the reactor and therefore more likely to leak.

ben_jamin

id would fine to put right in the tank as long as its an internal pump driving it  obviously

is your reactor leaking from where it can be opened at the top or in the body of it?

what make and model is it ?

Mike62

Its a Two Little Fishies brand, and its leaking from where it can be opened. The restrictor valve is before the reactor.
Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

ben_jamin

i would try putting some petroleum jelly on the o ring  if that doesnt work contact the company and get them to send you a new o ring

Benja

Replacement o-rings can be bought locally.
They sell for only a few bucks.