Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Reccomendations for a HOB skimmer

Started by dnas17, October 14, 2012, 09:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montisaurus

Quote from: dnas17 on October 22, 2012, 07:35:49 AM
Okay, then after that do i put the sliencer on? My skimmer came with some air valve type thing so I think octopus may have made a newer version. Also that tube was the one that water came flowing out of when it was facing downwards any idea why that happened.

You always have to keep this tube above the rim of your tank, aiming it down while its operating is going to start flowing water out the hose...... That tube is where air gets sucked into the motor and combines with water flowing in from your tank to create those tiny bubbles in your skimmer

dnas17

Okay all, successfully installed the skimmer tonight spill free. Its producing no micro bubbles into my tank actually! Its not really getting anything into the collection cup but as far as I know thats normal. Thanks for the help everyone.

Darth

it will take a few days to break in, and some adjustment on the level of the cup, depending if you skim wet or dry good to hear its operational, IMO its a great skimmer