Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

stocking for a 30g

Started by soleil1980, November 09, 2012, 04:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleil1980

Hi,

I recently decided to shut down all my tanks... ir didn`t last too long as I am in the process of re staring my 30 gallons.  I want something a bit different so I am asking for advice.  I usually kept livebearers in a fully planted tank.

I still want a planted tank, but was thinking of getting kribs or convicts.  I would also like to keep a couple of bushynose plecos and maybe cories and/or shrimps as a cleaning crew.  I would like to have babies too so what would you suggest I do to make everyone comfortable enough to breed? 

I plan on keeping only easy care plants like java ferns and anubias.

If anyone has another idea feel free to share!  I like the look of a planted tank with happy moving fish.
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)

Shawn84

I would say no to convict as they are to aggressive and dont suit well in a planted tank. Kirbs are fine. They are pretty easy to breed once a pair have form. Also you have your tank densely with plant first before adding in the shrimp or the kribs will snack on them like deserts. Have you though of keeping Rams, barb and Tetras?
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

soleil1980

i could do rams... they do look amazing.  Are they easily kept?  How about breeding?  Can I keep a few individuals if mating pairs are formed or only one couple per tank?
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)