Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fish look sick

Started by elad, November 12, 2012, 11:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elad

Good day saltys just wondering if anybody knows what I need to get to cure my fish they look like.they have a white slime maybe sheeding a layer of skin they are still active but I am worried they might be sick and o need to.get some medicine for them any help would be appreciated .

Thanks
Solana 36 gal SW
35lbs LR
1black clown
A few cleaners
Aqua illumination  Sol LED light fixture
8 puck 24 led blue,royal,white,light
Combination
1 vortec MP 40
1 reefkeeper lite
2 hydor korilias 750

Seriously need to add to the tank lol

Greatwhite

I assume it's in your 90G in your signature...  Are you able to medicate them in that tank? I know how hard it is to get fish out of a 90 and into a quarantine tank for medicating.

What kind of fish are affected?

Has anything been added recently?

Have you tested the water?  I'm curious about ammonia levels, but really - all levels need to be tested ASAP.

When was your last water change?

Generally when fish are unhealthy, or appear "off" like that, you should make sure that they are eating well.  A well fed fish has an easier time fighting off infections.  If you HAVE to medicate, try to find something that is safe with the rest of your tank.  Copper-based medication is common for skin infections, but is HORRIBLE for most of your tank (inverts, etc).  That's why it's important to have a hospital tank...

I can't recommend a treatment because I am not experienced in that area.  But hopefully a little more information will help resolve things without having to resort to chemicals...

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

elad

Fish were eating fine until yesterday I fed the today they ate a little but not as much as previously the tank is crystal clear /salinity 1.024. Unfortunately I don't have a test kit to test the.water I must get one asap the fish are swimming around fine today the clown is at the top and the coral is hiding so I dunno
Solana 36 gal SW
35lbs LR
1black clown
A few cleaners
Aqua illumination  Sol LED light fixture
8 puck 24 led blue,royal,white,light
Combination
1 vortec MP 40
1 reefkeeper lite
2 hydor korilias 750

Seriously need to add to the tank lol