Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

what to put in a 130 gal!

Started by az, November 09, 2005, 01:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettle

But I think it would make a fantastic coffee table/ray tank. Imagine how chic that would be? Haha.

sylvain

definately rays, perfect size for it, Big Al's in Montreal had some about a month ago for 69$, they get regular shipment.
Sylvain 
220-
150-
120-

Mettle

Quote from: "sylvain"definately rays, perfect size for it, Big Al's in Montreal had some about a month ago for 69$, they get regular shipment.

...and then the money you spend on gas and the risk of transporting a ray that distance. ;)

sylvain

How do you think they get to the pet store?? they survive the plane, the time in the bag, they can surely spend an hour and a half in a big enough container, if everything has to be done entirely on gas price, I think we are in for a very sad life...but again it also depends on how bad you want the fish!
Sylvain 
220-
150-
120-

Mettle

I was just saying for the price of gas to get to and from Montreal and the trouble you'd go through, for probably a few bucks more, you could get rays in Ottawa.

Plus I'm always weary of the quality of the fish if they're that cheap... (I guess it depends on the type though.)

mseguin

Actaully I dinf that some of the cheaper (wild) fish are often hgiher quality. I think its because they've been handled less. Less middlemen = less handling and trasnport = lower cost and healthier fish. I've seen some great wild fish from South America that were sold dirt cheap.

az

how about banded shark and blue spot stingray? prolly some eels too!

still waiting for Rona to get me some sand
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca