Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

EEEk Help Please?

Started by Jkelley, October 31, 2012, 04:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkelley

:-\
Ummmmmm......so, I'm not certain what I'm looking at....can anyone point out what is taking over my tank?

Green tubes in my colony?

And some clear swimming bandit???

Darth

well the green tubes look like some sort of anenemome or torch coral the other side is aptasia the other thing could be some sort of sea slug (nudibranch) or something

Greatwhite

Keep a close eye on the tubes...  If it's an anemone, it'll probably move out of there.  The good news is, it doesn't look like a BAD anemone..  Coloring like that is common to desirable ones.

The slug looking thing... There's so many different species of them that it may be hard to ID it exactly, but I can say that it doesn't look like the Zoa eating ones that I've removed from my tank on more than one occasion.  It's actually quite neat looking.

Jkelley

QuoteIt's actually quite neat looking
Hmmm, neat like, gee wilikers I sure do wish I had a pair of those clear looking oddities?

Quotethe other side is aptasia
LMAO thanks Darth for pointing that one out......I wasn't worried about that ID.  :P

Greatwhite

Darth

Jkelley

BAH, so they are flatworms???? Are they still neat whitey white????

Greatwhite

Yeah, I think they're neat - but remove them.  Maybe someone with red flatworms will want them, since the white ones eat the red ones... But then they'd have to find out what color eats the white ones, and then something to eat those ones.

Jkelley

DAMIT!!!! so any suggestion of fish, because I spent two days trying to catch these things and let me tell you;

These flatworms belong to Michael Phelps testicular swimsquad  >:( 

Speedy buggers!

Greatwhite

Quote from: Jkelley on November 01, 2012, 11:25:16 AM
DAMIT!!!! so any suggestion of fish, because I spent two days trying to catch these things and let me tell you;

Speedy buggers!

Some wrasses will eat flat worms... but it really depends on the fish.  My tank had neat little jellyfish until I moved.  I haven't seen them since.  I tried to get a picture of them, or video, because no one believe there was jellyfish in my tank.. But every time I'd get one in frame, it would catch a current and get blown away.

Jkelley

Jelly Fish.....that's what you were telling people?

OK, so I need a flatworm assassin?   Wrasse  you say?  Okay.....you sure you don't want them....they re neat?

rgauvin

Quote from: Jkelley on November 01, 2012, 11:25:16 AM

Speedy buggers!
this seems like a "work smarter not harder" way to get rid of most of them.
http://www.melevsreef.com/flatworms.html

Jkelley

BRILLIANT ARTICLE, THANKS SO MUCH.

Roxanne

Keep an eye on the anemone in your zoa's as, although hard to say from the picture, it could also be majano (pest anemone)