Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

maxspect razor or similiar

Started by Darth, December 26, 2012, 10:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth

Well I heard aquavalley is going to be carry them as well, and I am not looking to buy until march , so I am hoping 2 things they may drop in price or I may hit a no sale tax which can help, I mean my lights now work for my corals I keep, and what not, but I would like the control that u can get with leds and the maxspect is the only one that will fit into my budget

bandit

I just got a 27 10000k razor, I love it. I'm switching from  2 96watt pcs and 2 36 " actinic reef rites. Right away it's about twice as bright. Tank is 36"x18" 65 and it covers perfect. I would get the 160watt 27 over the 20.

I went with 10000k because its better for coral growth- fish colouring is better and you can adjust the white blue more you can go all white or all blue where the 16000k always has blue.

The 16000k Is great also it will give you better coral colouring but ou can adjust the 10000k to look like the 16000k. You can't make the 16000 look like the 10000k

It has ether manual mode automatic mode or preset mode with 6 sets for example I have just 1 percent blue for moonlight then have it fade too full power at noon the fade out on hour intervals. I also run it through my reef keeper for 1 more preset so I don't have waste a preset on an off period. I like to have the tank total dark over night.

I was considering the radion but I liked the sleek look of the razor.

Hope that helps a bit

Darth

this is awesome since our tanks are very similar in dimensions, yours being 6 inches longer but everything else is the same, I am def going with the 27 inch as I want to make sure there are no dark spots, and it will also work should I ever (which I don't see msyself doing unless I move and I am not moving till I buy a house, and I am not buying a house anytime soon) so I was on the fence between the 16 and the 10. I love the ramp feature where the light gets brighter over a period of time instead of bam, its out. I am running right now a 16k metal halide, and 4 24w actinc t5's the tank  has a slight blue hue, I do not like the tank to look blue some some of the lfs, I find the color of the corals too deceiving where they look way different when I get them home, I like the idea of 10 k for coral growth, I did see the light the other day when I was at marinescape picking up some zoa, and was amazed at how thin the light really is, it was amazingly thin and sleek looking. My only issue now is waiting for my t4's =)

Thanks everyone

bandit

Haha great, I also should mention things like yellow leathers  that don't have that symbolic Algae thing will look blue and washed out under 16000k

bandit

I should mention that's at 50% white 75% blue

Darth

how far does it sit off the tank, another issue I have is my current lights the legs are short and make access a PITA

bandit

It's 6" to the bottom of the light, lots of room