New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

tassimo vs keurig

Started by Darth, December 08, 2012, 11:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feivel

Keurig, my gf sells them at her shop, she says some rubber inside of the tassimo burns out, lots of returns, the keurig has a better warranty also. yet the tassimo has a better selection. At super C in aylmer i think isle 3 i seen them for 89$!!!!!!!  sale nmight be done but might be worth it to go look

76brian

Quote from: Greatwhite on December 10, 2012, 02:55:26 PM
Hasn't Tassimo been around longer than Keurig?? 

Keurig has been around since the 90's, Tassimo is much newer.

Keurigs patents expired this fall. You're going to start seeing lots of other companies with their own brewers that use actual k-cups. It will be the defacto standard.

Greatwhite

Quote from: 76brian on December 12, 2012, 09:24:12 AM
Keurig has been around since the 90's, Tassimo is much newer.

Ahh.. shows what I know.  I guess it makes sense, since Tassimo's barcode technology is waaaay more advanced than k cup's "25% more coffee in the cup = bold".

Feivel

ahhh so thats why there getting so cheap. the real veterans of coffe would know this and hold out till the cheaper coffe makers are out :) eother way good luck with your purchase and enjoy that cofee :)

I agree for the bar codes, its wacked, my freiend has one, my gf think there over rated :) hence why we dont have one, i like the idea of it just not the price of the coffee :) who does like the price of coffee to start with???

Darth

well I am personally a reg black coffee guy, I drink brown coffee as well I am not into lattes or anything, I don't even like steamed milk in my esspresso, but my daughter loves the french vanilla and the lattes so I may go with a tassimo

Greatwhite

I should also point out a drawback of the barcode system...  Sometimes you may get "mess" up on the lens for the barcode reader, and then the system is completely useless.  My grandmother constantly yells at her Tassimo machine and always has "goop" all over the reader.  Of course, she's 90% blind so probably can't see when it makes the mess (and is likely the CAUSE of the mess).