Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bought a new Camera = New Pictures!

Started by JetJumper, January 15, 2013, 11:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Wooki

Wow!  time for me to get a new camera.  What kind did you get?
180g mixed reef,
Mostly LPS with some SPS.
powder blue tang, Desjardin's sailfin tang, mandarin goby, clowns, lots of inverts

JetJumper

Picked up a Canon Rebel T4i.  Its with the stock lens that came with it currently (18-55) but I plan on trying to locate a nice macro lens for it.

Darth

what settings did you use, I have a cannon rebel xs with the same lens, but I can't seem to get the color I see, even in auto mode the color seem off

Hookup

Darth, for me its all about the post-processing.  I use lightroom, currently v 4.3, to adjust the color temp to what I think is natural.

Stussi613

Quote from: Hookup on January 16, 2013, 01:42:51 PM
Darth, for me its all about the post-processing.  I use lightroom, currently v 4.3, to adjust the color temp to what I think is natural.

For anyone using lightroom, take a picture of a grey card in the same lighting conditions when you start your shoot, in post processing use the eye dropper to select the card for a custom color balance, then sync the changes to all the other pictures from the shoot.  It may not make them all look perfect, but it's a fast easy way to start.

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

JetJumper

I have performed no post processing on any of those photo's yet.. I have WB in auto mode as well. 

downloading Lightroom as we speak as I have heard from several sources its the easiest / user friendly method to do it.  (I have photoshop CS5 but its a little bit more work)

Darth

Quote from: JetJumper on January 16, 2013, 06:05:14 PM
I have performed no post processing on any of those photo's yet.. I have WB in auto mode as well. 

downloading Lightroom as we speak as I have heard from several sources its the easiest / user friendly method to do it.  (I have photoshop CS5 but its a little bit more work)
I use photoshop as well, I just don't have the degree it takes to use it LOL I am gonna grab lightroom as well

JetJumper