Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

aqueon sump

Started by bruce1, December 01, 2012, 04:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruce1

Hey im looking at purchasing an aqueon sump model 4, just looking for any feed back pros cons etc. Thanks :-\

Greatwhite

I have model 3, I think. It's a great unit, except for a couple things...

The setup instructions don't explain it well, but the black divider between the sump input and middle chamber is held up by the water flow. If the flow stops, the wall comes down.

The filter socks are awesome, and can be washed and reused, but keep at least 2 pairs at all times.

And finally, if some dumb invert decides to take a ride into the sump (hermits did it to me twice), they will get stuck in the bubble trap and rattle around until you shop-vac them out.

Also, ditch the blue sponge between the middle and return chamber.

lion1

I would not do it again.  I bought a model 3 and for the price wish I would have just converted at normal glass tank bought cheap and put baffles in it.  There are a few very annoying design flaws that make this sump not favorable for a refugium setup.  It works great for a Berlin method however. 

Aquaticfinatic

Don't do it. Do a custom sump that suits your needs etc. they are not the most flexible things and you will regret it in the long run. Way over priced.

bandit

Do custom, or make o me out of acrylic