Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Duckweed or other

Started by androo303, January 13, 2013, 04:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

androo303

Does anyone in the east end have any duckweed or other similar floating plants then want to get rid of? I probably have excess nutrients in the column that I'd like to get rid of. Darn BBA is coming back.

Shawn84

If your gone a be at the next meeting I can bring you some duckweed. :) I live on the west end of town
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

wolfiewill

I have been using Azolla for exactly that reason. I hate duckweed -very hard to get rid of and gets into everything. Azolla is 2 or 3 times larger and easy to see and remove when your done with it. I too live in the west end and would be happy to bring some to the next meeting.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

androo303

Dang. I have never made it out to a meeting yet. I should probably make it sometime soon! :P I will have to see when the next one is and if i am available to attend.

Shawn84

Wolfiewill: would the Azolla out grow the duckweed? I can't seem to get rid of them trying to find the best way. If they could I would love to have some. I will be at the next meeting. Thanks
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

wolfiewill

Quote from: Shawn84 on January 14, 2013, 10:21:40 PM
Wolfiewill: would the Azolla out grow the duckweed? I can't seem to get rid of them trying to find the best way. If they could I would love to have some. I will be at the next meeting. Thanks

Don't know. Never grew the two together. I'd given up on duckweed years ago. See you at the meeting.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

daworldisblack

Andrew, if you are ever at the original hood, hit me up for some amazon frogbit!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

androo303

Quote from: daworldisblack on January 14, 2013, 11:08:37 PM
Andrew, if you are ever at the original hood, hit me up for some amazon frogbit!

Depending on how the weather is looking this weekend, I may hit you up.

daworldisblack

Quote from: androo303 on January 15, 2013, 05:45:14 PM
Depending on how the weather is looking this weekend, I may hit you up.

Deal!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

dbl_dbl

Let me know the next time you're around Big Als on Innes. I have Amazon Frogbit and Salvinia coming out the ears!

Also, we give away duckweed for free but I agree, it's a real pain. I take out 3-4 4'' netfulls a week.