Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatek paintball regulator on sale 89$. worth it or cheap?

Started by ma_clement, November 28, 2013, 08:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ma_clement

Title says it all. Any idea? is it good? Any other to recommend?

it's for a 20 gal tank to I believe paintball regulator would be enough

ma_clement

meh. amazon(USA) won't ship it here

on ebay it's 95 + 10 shipping

anyways, the question stands

lucius

ma_clement

I actually have all I need to do it.

It's just that I'd like everything to be stable so I figured around 90 $ would be a good price. But then if it's not good...

Do you have a yeast setup?

lucius

I was going to do the yeast setup but not much people were recommending it for a 90 gallon so I went pressurized.

ma_clement

I saw that the expensive part was mostly the solenoid. Is there a danger in having co2 at night or is it just a waste of co2?

charlie

Quote from: ma_clement on November 28, 2013, 08:54:31 PM
meh. amazon(USA) won't ship it here

on ebay it's 95 + 10 shipping

anyways, the question stands
If cost is the factor, I would go with a Milwaukee regulator, probably get it for around the same price on e bay, but save yourself the headache & get it locally from one of our local sponsors for a few bucks more, I know the following LFS carry it - La Niche, Big Al`s & Rays.

exv152

Not sure how technically inclined you are, but you can buy your regulator and parts online, and build a better regulator for yourself, better than aquatek, milwaukee or azoo which are essentially the bottom of the barrel. 
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

ma_clement

I can build pretty much about anything (well... anything is a big word... but you know) if I have a plan, or at least an idea and I actually enjoy it

but is it worth it price wise? I only have a 20 gallon tank and I would go for a paintball bottle size

do you have a good link or something were I could learn about it?

Stussi613

Quote from: ma_clement on November 28, 2013, 11:46:27 PM
I can build pretty much about anything (well... anything is a big word... but you know) if I have a plan, or at least an idea and I actually enjoy it

but is it worth it price wise? I only have a 20 gallon tank and I would go for a paintball bottle size

do you have a good link or something were I could learn about it?

Paintball bottles cost more to buy full, or to fill up than a 10lb bottle will.  Since the regulator cost will be the same the economy on the 10lb bottle is better.  Also, a 10lb bottle will last you FOREVER on that size tank which will save you from having to fill it up all the time.
I haz reef tanks.

ma_clement

Quote from: Stussi613 on November 29, 2013, 12:17:31 AM
Paintball bottles cost more to buy full, or to fill up than a 10lb bottle will.  Since the regulator cost will be the same the economy on the 10lb bottle is better.  Also, a 10lb bottle will last you FOREVER on that size tank which will save you from having to fill it up all the time.

I'll keep that in mind... but space is an issue.

exv152

Stu is right, a 10lbs tank lasts me 12-14 months on my 25g. It's 20" tall, and 7" wide. To buy a steel tank it'll cost you about $90, and you might get it from pyromatek already filled. To refill it costs approx $25.

A paintball setup will most likely last you 4 mths tops, and costs like $15-$20 to fill, depending where you go. A new 24oz bottle will set you back about $50.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie